A fancy burger creation to impress your friends with!
- In a large saucepan heat a drizzle of olive oil.
- Add onions and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add sugar and balsamic vinegar to caramelise.
- Remove and cool down.
- Onions should still be firm.
- Combine onion mixture with garlic, mustard, parsley and thyme.
- Fry the burgers in a little oil on medium heat for 8 minutes.
- Place patties on burger buns and top with onion mixture, sliced onion, tomato, lettuce, gherkin and tomato chutney or sweet & chilli sauce.
- To make the butternut crisps, preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Brush butternut slices with oil.
- Bake for 20 mins, or until crispy.
- Coat butternut crisps with fresh chilli (optional), sea salt and black pepper.