This salad is delicious warm and perfect for lunch or when entertaining. The flavours of tahini, smoked chipotle and pomegranate are an ideal match with Brussels sprouts. Best served warm with some crusty bread.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6.
- Clean Brussels sprouts by cutting the end and removing any damaged leaves. Cut them in half.
- Peel onion and cut into fine slices.
- Toss Brussels sprouts and onion in 2-3 Tbsp of olive oil. Place on a oven tray and roast from 20-25 mins. Give vegetables a shake after 15 mins.
- Make dressing by mixing together tahini, lemon juice, maple syrup, garlic and finely cut chipotle.
- Remove seeds from pomegranate and place in a separate bowl.
- Once vegetables are cooked, add drained chickpeas to the tray. Return to the oven for 5 mins so they heat through.
- Remove vegetables and chickpeas from the oven. Transfer to a salad bowl. Add dressing on top, followed by pomegranate seeds. Add almond and parsley leaves. Toss together. Season to taste.
- Serve immediately.