Perfect for the festive season!
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Line an 11×7″ flapjack tin with baking parchment and set aside.
- Place the margarine, sugar and cardamom in a small non-stick pan over a low heat, until the margarine has melted and the sugar has dissolved.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl combine the flour and oats.
- When the margarine mixture is ready pour into the flour and oats and mix well. The mixture will look like rough bread crumbs rather than a dough so don’t panic if it feel a little dry.
- Spoon half the mix into the prepared tin and press down well to form the base of the slice. Next spread the mincemeat over in an even layer. Sprinkle over the remaining flour mixture and place into the oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the top is lightly golden. Remove from the oven and cool.
- Cut into pieces and enjoy. Best served with a spoon of vanilla soya yogurt and a cup of Earl Grey.
Quick dull health and safety note: The mincemeat achieves a temperature close to lava so don’t give in to temptation and try and sample too soon!! Let it cool for a good ten minutes at least.