This Hot & Sour Pad Thai Salad is ready in 30 minutes, super healthy and bursting with delicious flavours and textures.
- At least an hour before you start cooking, prepare the marinade by combining all the ingredients in a food processor and blending until combined.
- Cut the tofu into 1cm pieces, place in a container and cover with the marinade. Leave in the fridge until required.
- Thinly slice and de-seed the pepper, slice the carrot into thin batons, chop the coriander (leaves and stems) and slice the spring onions. Put these in a large bowl with the beansprouts, black sesame seeds and the remaining squeeze of lime.
- Thinly slice the onion and cut the broccoli lengthways to have even thinner stems.
- Heat a large frying pan on the hob to a medium temperature. Toast the pecans until they begin to turn brown, add in the desiccated coconut and continue to toast until this turns brown too. Remove immediately and put aside in a bowl.
- Add the coconut oil to the pan and mince the garlic into it, then add the onion. Cook for a few minutes until they begin to soften and brown.
- Add in the tofu, with the marinade, and give it all a good stir. After a couple of minutes, I like to spoon some of the marinade out into the bowl with the raw ingredients, so that they’re nicely coated in all of the lovely flavours.
- Add the broccoli to the pan and cook until wilted, and most of the marinade has been soaked up.
- Remove from the heat, stir into the large bowl with the salad, and serve with a sprinkling of the toasted pecans and coconut.
If you are unable to find tenderstem broccoli, regular broccoli, green beans or pak choi will also work really well.