Juicy portobello mushrooms strips marinated in tamari, chili powder, cumin, and turmeric alongside red onions and bell pepper. Drizzled on top is a fresh cilantro garlic sauce. Both are really quick and easy, and you’ll have dinner on the table in 20 minutes!
Prep Time: 15 Min, Cook Time: 5 Min, Total Time: 20 Min
- Marinate mushrooms for at least 10 minutes in soy sauce, chili powder, turmeric, and cumin.
- Slice the bell peppers and onions.
- Prep all the ingredients for the cilantro garlic sauce and throw into the blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Cook bell peppers and onions in favorite high heat cooking oil, such as coconut oil for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the marinated mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes, or until the mushrooms are soft.
- Throw in a splash of water when things start to get dry.
Notes: 1 minute before the mushrooms are done cooking, I add my flour tortilla on top and let it steam from my splash of water.
Raw Vegan Version
- Marinate bell peppers, onion and mushrooms in marinade for at least 4 hours.
- Dehydrate for 2-4 hours.
- Wrap with a collard green or other raw wrap.