- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F and spray an 8 inch tart pan with non stick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oats, flour and salt. Make a well and add the coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla and milk. Then, fold through the chocolate chips and pecans.
- Meanwhile, place all of the caramel ingredients into a pan over a low-medium heat and gently heat, avoiding stirring, just until all of the sugar has dissolved (it will caramelise in the oven, do not caramelise on the stove as it will become bitter when baking).
- Spread the cookie dough into the pan, making a few shallow indentations for pools of caramel to sit.
- Pour a thin layer of caramel over the cookie, it’s good to keep some behind to heat further on the stove to make a sauce for drizzling.
- Bake until puffed and golden, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let the dangerously hot caramel cool a little before slicing, the inside should be warm and gooey.