This is a quick, healthy and light meal which is full of flavour.
This recipe serves 2
How to make the savoury tomatoes:
- Chop the tomatoes
- Chop the chilli – amount determined by your love of spice!
- Put the coconut oil in a pan
- When it warms up, add the Rye and Jiru and put the lid on the pan
- When it pops, add the chillies and cover the pan again
- After about 15 seconds, add the chopped tomatoes
- Add the salt, turmeric and ground coriander powder
- Let it cook
- When it’s as soft as you’d like add the coriander – this is usually after 5 minutes for me
How to make for the cous cous:
- Boil the kettle
- Put the cous cous in a bowl
- Crumble the stock on to the cous cous ensuring there are no lumps
- Mix it up
- Drizzle some olive oil on it
- Add water so that the level of water reaches about 1cm above the cous cous
- Add some freshly ground salt and pepper
- Stir a little
- Cover the bowl with a plate and leave it for about 3 minutes
- The water should be absorbed and the cous cous will be ready
Serving: Put the cous cous in a little bowl and turn it upside down to present the cous cous as shown in the photo.