Soba are buckwheat noodles, and can be cooked in many ways.
- Boil soba noodles, following the package instructions. It usually takes around 8 minutes to boil soba.
- Drain and cool soba noodles in cold running water. Drain well and set aside.
- Mix all the ingredients for dressing in a small bowl.
- Place soba noodles, carrot, yellow bell pepper, and cucumber in a large bowl.
- Pour the dressing over them and mix well.
- Sprinkle with the black sesame seeds. You can also add bean sprouts and a little grated red cabbage for extra colour and texture!
Variation: Add tofu for a more filling meal.