Preheat your oven to 200c.
- Cut the tofu into 12 cubes, put this into a tupaware box with 2T tamari and 1T sesame oil.
- Put the lid on and move the box around so that the tofu is covered.
- Set to one side whilst you peel the shallots and make the marinade.
- To make the marinade put the tamari, lime juice, garlic, chilli and peanut butter in a glass or cup and mix well. You might need to smush the pb with a fork, as it’s a fat it can resistant to mixing. But keep smushing and it will eventually concede and play nice.
- Add the shallots and marinade to the tofu and again put the lid on and move about until all of the tofu and shallots are covered in the sauce.
- Put 2 cubes of tofu and 2 shallots on each skewer, place on a baking tray, spoon any remaining sauce on and put them into the oven.
- To make the crispy ‘seaweed’ put the kale in a bowl, add the tamari and date syrup, massage the kale until it has softened and it is covered with the sauce.
- Put the kale on a baking tray, spreading it out so it is one layer only.
- Sprinkle this with the sesame seeds and put the tray into the oven.
- Bake the skewers for around 20 minutes, the edges of the tofu will brown and the skin of the shallots will blister.
- Bake the kale for just 5 minutes, until it crisps up but before it becomes burnt!!
- Serve with a scattering of spring onion on the skewers.