A veganised version of a Turkish classic, Börek. Layers of filo pastry, spinach and tofu mixed with fresh mint baked in the oven to create a perfect main course or starter.
Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Mix the tofu layer ingredients together thoroughly.
- Grease a large oven-proof dish with a thin coating of the melted dairy-free margarine. Add the first sheet of filo pastry, followed by a coat of margarine. Repeat with three more filo sheets.
- Cover the filo pastry evenly with half of the spinach, followed by half of the tofu mix.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to add the next layer. Add a final layer of filo sheets, being sure to coat the top layer with plenty of the melted dairy-free margarine.
- Bake in the oven for around 45 minutes or until the pastry has turned golden brown.