The Vegan society supports and facilitates a vegan lifestyle and plant-based eating by creating a vibrant, visible and influential community, and by providing information and resources.
We are a registered charity in New Zealand.
- To further the knowledge and interest in veganism, and in vegan methods of agriculture and food production.
- To provide a means of social contact and exchange of information for new and existing vegans.
- To develop and maintain positive relationships with organisations sharing similar aims, in order to encourage co-operation between vegans throughout New Zealand, and the world.
- To encourage the use of alternatives to all products derived wholly or partly from animals, in order to facilitate the supply of vegan food.
- To assist vegans in making healthy lifestyle choices.
- To initiate a vegan society approval system, whereby businesses may apply to use our logo which verifies their product is free from animal products.