Become An Important Member Of The Veganuary Team!
Become a crucial member of Veganuary’s team, ensuring our day-to-day internal operations and functions run smoothly, efficiently and to budget.
Salary: £27,000 – £34,000 pro rata
Hours of work: 3-4 days a week
Responsible to: Chief Executive
Work base: Home-based
Reporting to the Chief Executive, the Operations Manager will supervise and optimise the organisation’s operations in the UK. Playing a pivotal part in the Senior Management Team you will be responsible for a broad span of duties, ensuring that Veganuary’s day-to-day operations remain compliant, responsive and efficient.
- Lead and support the implementation of processes, protocols and policies to help optimise the UK organisation’s day-to-day operations.
- Manage all internal accounting and work with off-site financial and accounting services on all matters related to budgeting, revenue and expenses.
- Ensure that Veganuary’s bookkeeping (Quickbooks) is accurate, complete and up to date, including income, expenditure, accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Produce monthly management accounts.
- Lead the annual audit process and work closely with the Chief Executive to produce the statutory accounts in accordance with the SORP.
- Support the management team with budget-setting, reforecasting and other financial tasks.
- Prepare payment requests, process invoices and deal with supplier queries in a timely manner.
- Prepare and make Gift Aid claims and VAT submissions to HMRC.
- Reconcile foundation and donor income on the finance system to the development database.
- Managing financial record-keeping in line with the data retention policy and statutory requirements.
- Review financial statements and data. Prepare and control operational budgets. Control inventory.
- Review analysis of activities, costs, operations and forecast data.
- Help manage human resources, including organising recruitment processes and induction of staff and supervision of performance.
- Ensure all charity, company and employment laws are followed and file all required reports and returns in a timely manner.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- A minimum of three years’ relevant experience in a similar role with demonstrable experience in the finance sector, with responsibility for producing management accounts on a regular basis.
- Experience with budgeting, Google Spreadsheets and Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with accounting, including software such as Quickbooks or Xero.
- Experience of working with multiple currencies.
- Experience of providing financial support/advice to non-finance staff.
- Good knowledge of charity financial processes.
- Experience and knowledge in major donor giving, individual giving, and Gift Aid process.
- Strong working knowledge of UK charity and employment law.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work well in a team-driven environment.
- Exceptional organisational skills, including attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Commitment to the objectives of the organisation.
To apply, please visit Charity Jobs.
Closing date for completed applications: 25 June 2019. We’re keen to fill the position soon so will begin the interview process on a rolling basis.