Helping us help animals
Fundraising is a fun and effective way of getting active and involved with Veganuary.
- As a registered charity (1168566) we don’t receive any government funding, so we rely on the generosity and kindness of people like you.
Whether you’re a one-person fundraiser or a local group, the possibilities for helping us are endless!
- You can do anything from hosting your own vegan-themed dinner party, to taking part in an endurance event – raising vital funds and highlighting the power of plants at the same time.
Rather than using paper-based sponsor forms and collecting donations from your sponsors which can take time, why not set up a Justgiving page?
Justgiving pages allow you to make and receive donations from family, friends and colleagues – it’s simple to use, and the easiest way to collect funds for Veganuary.
- To create your JustGiving page for Veganuary, visit our JustGiving fundraising page and select the ‘Fundraise for us‘ option.
Easyfundraising is a free service that allows charities and good causes to raise money when their supporters shop online. With over 2,700 retailers (including Amazon, John Lewis, Next and Argos), every time you shop via easyfundraising, you’ll earn a donation for Veganuary.
How does it work?
- Start every purchase via easyfundraising.org.uk – (Let’s say you want to buy your weekly shop from Ocado.) Instead of going to ocado.com, you go to easyfundraising.org.uk first and select Ocado as the place you want to shop from – or you can use the easyfundraising donation reminder.
- Make a purchase – You click from easyfundraising.org.uk through to ocado.com to make your purchase. The price of your shop is exactly the same as if you’d visited Ocado directly.
- Get a donation – After you have bought your weekly shop, Ocado will make a donation to our cause as a thank you for shopping with them. Easyfundraising collect these donations for us, and it costs you nothing!
How do I sign up?
Visit the website and follow the steps to sign up and start raising money for Veganuary as you shop.
If you’re a first-time fundraiser, start small: you don’t have to organise a big event to help us help animals. Every penny is important to us and if you enjoy it then you can move onto something bigger. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Take part in a sponsored walk or run
- Bake some vegan cakes and sell them to friends, family or your work colleagues
- Sell your items on eBay and donate a percentage to Veganuary
- Hold a dress-down day at work
Example: Birmingham to London Bike Ride
Mick Walker organised a sponsored bike ride from Birmingham to London to raise funds for Veganuary. Covering a distance of 130 miles in one day, they raised awareness of Veganuary while highlighting the power of plants. You can see their JustGiving page here – they raised nearly £800!
Whatever you decide to do, raising funds for Veganuary will ensure that we work more effectively to help more people become vegan, and save many, many more animals in the process.