Your Chance To Lead A Marketing Team Of Exciting Individuals, Dedicated To Making A Difference
We’re looking for a skilled, experienced and passionate individual to join our incredible media and communications team at Veganuary! If you’ve got the vision and determination to propel our team forwards into the plant-based future, we’d love to hear from you!
Salary: £28,000 – £36,000 per year
Hours of work: Full-Time
Responsible to: Chief Executive
Work base: Home-based
Contract: 2 year fixed term contract (with a view to extend to a permanent position)
As a creative and multi-skilled experienced professional, you will be the strategic lead for all aspects of our communications, media and marketing.
This pivotal role for the organisation will continue to build the Veganuary brand in the UK, growing relationships with companies, donors, media and other stakeholders. You’ll lead the implementation of Veganuary’s PR and marketing strategy for the January pledge campaign as well as the wider brand.
- Lead the overall communication and marketing strategy.
- Liaise with media and do media interviews when required.
- Line manage a small team which includes team members in marketing, social media and campaign analytics.
- Protect and enhance our reputation at all times, in particular during the peak campaign period.
- Provide high-quality communications content.
- Create news releases, story pitches and proactive media alerts.
- Respond efficiently to media enquiries as and when required.
- Draft monthly media coverage reports and internal operational updates.
- Experience in liaising with the media, giving media interviews and public speaking.
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in a similar role.
- Previous line management experience.
- Demonstrable experience in developing and implementing successful communications and marketing strategies.
- Previous experience working within the animal rights/protection movement.
- Complete alignment to the values of Veganuary as a vegan organisation as well as a thorough understanding of all aspects of veganism.
- Media and Industry Contacts.
- Fantastic interpersonal skills.
To apply, please visit Charity Jobs.
Closing date for completed applications: 25 June 2019. We’re keen to fill the position soon so will begin the interview process on a rolling basis.