Help Us Create Innovative & Exciting Social Media As A Member Of Our Germany Team!
If you’re social-media savvy, we need your vision to help us expand Veganuary’s reach in Germany, as we grow into our new international flagship campaign locations.
Hours of work: Full-Time
Responsible to: Head of Campaigns Germany
Work base: Home-Based
Contract: 1 year fixed term contract (with a view to extend to a permanent position)
With marketing and engagement being a key deliverable of Veganuary, this is a vital role and one which plays a key part in growing the Veganuary brand in Germany.
The Social Media/Marketing Manager is responsible for successfully implementing Veganuary’s marketing strategy in the German market with a particular focus on social media and customer engagement. You will be responsible for creating great content for our social media channels, and for engaging with Veganuary participants and supporters. You will be on the front line as we seek to inspire and support people to try a vegan diet – better for animals, better for the planet, and better for our health.
This position will report to the Head of Campaigns in Germany and you will also be supported along the way by our growing UK-based staff team.
This is a full-time role for a fixed term of 1 year, in contract with Veganuary, a UK-based non-profit. Subject to funding this will become a permanent role after 1 year.
- Manage Veganuary’s social media channels in Germany to maximise impact and delivery against the charity’s objectives.
- Translate content between German and English.
- Enforcing the brand and style guidelines across the organisation to ensure clarity, protection, and enhancement of the Veganuary brand.
- Plan, write and deliver engaging blogs for the website.
- Provide high-quality communications content.
- Create news releases, story pitches and proactive media alerts.
- Build relationships with key Influencers.
- Protect and enhance our reputation at all times, in particular during the peak campaign period.
- Respond efficiently to media enquiries as and when required.
- Undertake any further duties that may reasonably be required of the role.
- Native German speaker.
- Good working knowledge of the English language.
- A minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience in a similar role.
- Experience in planning and writing blog articles.
- Demonstrable track record of using social media channels to drive conversions and change behaviour.
- Demonstrable experience in creating engaging social media content.
- In depth, up to date knowledge of digital marketing best practice and an eye for creative digital marketing opportunities.
- Experienced in producing high quality written communications.
- Previous experience working within the animal rights/protection movement.
- Complete alignment to the values of Veganuary as a vegan organisation as well as a thorough understanding of all aspects of veganism.
- A demonstrable ability to work proactively and collaboratively.
Please submit an up to date resume (‘CV’) and a cover letter of no more than 750 words that answers the following questions:
Why do you want to work for Veganuary?
What will you bring to our charity?
What are your salary expectations?
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]. You may send your application in German or in English.
Closing date for completed applications: 25 June 2019. We’re keen to fill the position soon so will begin the interview process on a rolling basis.