Join Our International Family & Make An Impact By Leading Our US Campaigns
We’re Looking for an enthusiastic, committed and driven leader to run our US Veganuary campaign!
Salary: $50,000 – 65,000 depending on experience
Hours of work: Full-Time
Responsible to: Chief Executive
Work base: Home-based
Contract: 1 year contract on a freelance basis
(with a view to extend to a permanent position)
Be part of an organisation that makes headlines in January and throughout the year!
Veganuary’s popular culture appeal and positive approach to veganism is making a measurable difference for animals, sparing millions of lives since our launch in 2014. Our participant numbers continue to grow exponentially, as do our partnerships with the corporate world, including restaurants, supermarkets, and food retailers.
As a dynamic, creative and well-connected senior project manager you will lead the Veganuary campaign in the US. You’ll be a driven campaigner, well-versed with vegan advocacy; a natural networker with an excellent contact network; an opportunity-taker and opportunity-maker.
This pivotal role for the organisation will build the Veganuary brand in the US, growing relationships with companies, media, influencers and other stakeholders. You’ll create social media campaigns and a new US-focused Veganuary pledge campaign. You’ll lead the implementation of Veganuary’s PR and marketing strategy in the US supporting the January pledge campaign with creative content and ideas. This role is part of Veganuary’s senior management team and reports directly to the CEO.
This is a full-time role on a freelance basis for a fixed term of 1 year, in contract with Veganuary, a UK-based non-profit. Subject to funding this will become a permanent role.
- With the CEO, develop and implement a strategic plan for the region with measurable goals and objectives that align with Veganuary’s overall strategic plan.
- Deliver an impactful marketing and PR campaign for Veganuary’s January pledge by providing bespoke content and insight for the American audience.
- Manage a media campaign to maximise brand exposure in the US and represent Veganuary in the region.
- Grow awareness of the Veganuary brand amongst stakeholders, influencers, the media, corporations, other advocacy organisations and potential supporters.
- Build relationships with food brands such as restaurants, retailers and manufacturers, identifying opportunities for mutual benefit.
- Work within the senior management team to identify key campaign opportunities to drive positive change.
- Ensure that key campaign outcomes are evaluated and leveraged for maximum organisational impact.
- Effectively recruit, manage, and develop team members as resources permit.
- Ensure that Veganuary adheres to all government guidelines and regulations in the US.
- Upholding the brand and style guidelines across the organisation in the US to ensure clarity, protection, and enhancement of the Veganuary brand.
- Provide high-quality communications content as well as creating news releases, story pitches and proactive media alerts.
- Undertake appropriate domestic or international travel to accomplish the responsibilities of the role.
- Undertake any further duties that may reasonably be required of the role.
- Native English speaker, currently residing in the US.
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in a similar role.
- Experience in liaising with the media, giving media interviews and public speaking essential. Delivering campaign messages succinctly and persuasively through TV, radio, written media and talks to live audiences.
- Line management experience.
- Demonstrable experience in: developing and implementing successful communications and marketing strategies; designing and delivering effective campaign tactics using social media; producing high quality written communications, such as social media posts, blogs, pitches and press releases.
- Previous experience working within the animal rights/protection movement.
- Complete alignment to the values of Veganuary as a vegan organisation as well as a thorough understanding of all aspects of veganism.
- Media and Industry Contacts.
- Strong communication skills, interpersonal and relationship development skills, with the ability to relate effectively to and influence people at all levels, and represent the organisation externally including with other non-profit organisations, corporate businesses and donors.
- A demonstrable ability to work proactively and collaboratively.
To apply, please submit an up to date resume (‘CV’) and a cover letter of no more than 750 words that answers the following questions:
Why do you want to work for Veganuary?
What will you bring to our charity?
What are your salary expectations?
Please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Closing date for completed applications: 15 August 2019. We’re keen to fill the position soon so will begin the interview process on a rolling basis.
Veganuary is an equal opportunities employer; we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or age. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.