Being vegan doesn’t mean you should miss out on tasty treats like this delicious dairy free carrot cake. We’ve also whipped up a special cream cheese frosting, but if you want to make things even easier, you can just dust the top with some icing sugar before cutting into thick slices – go on, be generous.
Recipe serves: 12
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 75 min
- Preheat oven to 180° C, 160° C fan, Gas mark 4.
- Add lemon juice to soya milk and set aside.
- Cream together Flora and sugar for 2-3 minutes.
- Sieve together the self-raising flour, baking powder and mixed spice.
- Gradually mix the soya milk into the flour mixture until it’s smooth.
- Stir in the grated carrots and sultanas and blend well.
- Pour into a greased and lined 900g (2 lb) loaf tin and bake in preheated oven for 1-1 ¼ hours.
- Check to see if your cake is cooked by inserting a skewer into the centre.
- If it comes out clean, allow to cool for 5 minutes in the tin before turning out and cooling on a wire tray.
- Meanwhile, to make the icing beat together all ingredients until smooth.
- When the cake has cooled spread the icing over the top of the cake. Cut into generous slices to serve.