This dish is quick to make and makes for a versatile side dish, lunchbox item, or even a sandwich filling.
- Rinse the chickpeas thoroughly, then drain & transfer to a bowl
- Rinse, dry, and then finely chop the coriander before adding it to the chickpeas
- Rinse and dry the red amaranth (or sprouts) then add to the bowl
- Add the lemon juice and mix well
- If adding the chilli, thinly slice 2-3 pieces and set aside for the garnish
- Dice the rest of the chilli and add to the bowl of chickpeas
- Mix well, then garnish with the extra chilli pieces and a few more red amaranth leaves