I am officially obsessed with porridge…you will see many variations on this theme in my recipe collection. Porridge isn’t just great when winter is upon us, you can enjoy it in summer too, just allow it to cool for a few minutes before you eat it. Or use this trick in this recipe…add frozen berries that lower the temp and, of course, add a delicious berry sweetness.
- 1 banana, mashed
- 3T desiccated coconut
- A pinch of ground cardamom
- 1/4t ground cinnamon
- 2c rice milk
- 2/3c quinoa flakes
- 1/3 oats
- A handful of frozen raspberries
- Put all of the ingredients except the raspberries in a saucepan.
- Bring it to a simmer on a medium heat, allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour into a bowl and top with the frozen berries, when you are eating this loveliness mix the berries in and they will start to fall apart.