Simple, hearty, tasty food!
*Cook your rice as you would normally, but with coconut and/or almond milk instead of water. Use any combination of almond and coconut milk that you like as long as the total measure is 3 cups. The more coconut milk you use, the stronger the coconut flavor.
- Cut sausages lengthwise and then dice.
- Place sausage in a wok or large pan and dry fry (as in no oil or liquid) until it starts to brown a little bit. Stay focused here or your sausage will burn. It doesn’t take more than five minutes, tops. Set aside.
- Dice onion and place in the same pan. Add a bit of water or veggie broth to prevent onion from sticking and burning. Cook, stirring often, until desired ‚doneness‘ is reached: 10- 15 minutes.
- Turn heat to high and let onions brown a bit. Gotta stay focused here too, folks. It takes only about five minutes.
- Add your choice of beans, corn and cooked sausage along with the *coconut rice.
- Season with lemon juice, salt and pepper and serve.