Hijiki is a seaweed vegetable and is known to be rich in dietary fibre and essential minerals, such as calcium, iron, and magnesium.
- Prepare the quick cook rice and quinoa as per pack instructions.
- Remove to a large bowl and leave to cool then fluff up with a fork.
- Cook the soaked hijiki in a small saucepan with enough water to cover, simmering for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, drain any excess water and allow to cool.
- Add the hijiki to the rice along with the watercress, yellow pepper, radishes and sprouts and mix gently.
- Pour over the orange ume plum dressing and top with the roasted seeds/goji berries.
Orange Ume Plum Dressing is a delicious dressing that works well with this hijiki salad, or you can simply serve it over fresh greens or noodle salads in the summer. Store in a glass jar in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Combine the ingredients marked with a (*) to make the dressing.