Because vegans still love pizza and nachos!
This is the same cheese recipe featured in my Cheese on Toast, just in another guise.
There are lots of recipes for potato cheese out there, but this is the one I have adapted from various different ones*.
- Peel one large potato and one large carrot
- Chop into small chunks (carrot smaller than the potato as it is harder)
- Boil until soft
- Put 3 tablespoons of the potato water into a food processor
- Drain potatoes and carrots and pour into the processor
- Add: 1/2 cup of oil (I use olive), 1/2 cup of nutritional yeast, juice of half a lemon, teaspoon of garlic granules, dash of celery salt, cracked pepper
- You can eat this cheese straight away with tortilla chips, pour over nachos (maybe chuck it in the oven for a bit to make sure the cheese is really warm) or use as your cheese topping on pizza… Spread as liberally as you like! Sometimes you feel like more or less cheese, depending on your mood and/or the pizza toppings. The photos above are both with the same cheese… Just lots more on one that the other.
- When cooked to your liking, remove and eat!
*According to everything I’ve read, this cheese can last up to 7 days in the fridge. Mine has never hung around that long, so I would say use within a couple of days to be on the safe side.