Perfect as a side, or as a main with rice or noodles.
tibits at home: stylish vegetarian cuisine is a sumptuous cookbook, split into four seasonal sections, containing 50 recipes that will delight all loyal tibits fans, as well as those who are new to the brand. 80 per cent of tibits’ menu is vegan and many of the recipes in the book are also vegan – good news for the rapidly increasing number of vegans in the UK.
- Wash the beans and cut into 4 cm pieces. Cook in saltwater until tender. Then drain and rinse immediately under cold running water.
- Wash the courgettes and cut into 2 cm dice. Wash the red pepper, remove the seeds and cut into 2 cm dice. Clean the mushrooms, remove any traces of soil and cut the ends.
- Heat the peanut oil and sweat the red pepper, mushrooms and courgettes for 3-4 minutes. Drain in a sieve.
- Meanwhile mix the coconut milk with the vegetable stock and the curry paste and bring to the boil.
- Add the vegetables and cook for another 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Serve with basmati rice with herbs (recipe on p136) and the finely chopped Thai basil.
Tip: you can also add freshly ground ginger.