Sushi is so flexible, making it perfect for vegans! Wonderful for appetizers, lunch or main course.
- Cook the rice and allow it to cool to room temperature, or use left over rice.
- Place the rice in a large bowl and drizzle it with the brown rice vinegar and mirin, gently mix.
- Lay a nori sheet shiny side down on the sushi mat.
- Spread ¼ cup of rice over the nori using the rice paddle or your hands dipped in water, leaving ¼ bare on top edge.
- Sprinkle ¼ of the sesame seeds over the rice
- Make a canal with the rice paddle (or wooden spoon/hands) across the middle of the rice-covered nori sheet.
- Place some carrot, cucumber avocado, watercress and daikon or sauerkraut in neat lines across canal.
- Add a thin line of Umeboshi paste across the vegetables
- Starting with the end nearest to you, roll the sushi, making sure the filling is contained in the middle of the roll.
- Unroll the mat, moisten the top edge of the sheet, and roll until the nori is sealed.
- Cut the sushi into halves, and then quarters, using a slant or straight cut.
- Dip your knife into a bowl of water mixed with some vinegar after each cut for easier cutting.
- Serve with Ginger-Tamari Dipping Sauce.
Mix ingredients together and place in individual serving bowls.