We are looking for a talented Communications Manager to join our growing international team and support us in our mission to create a better world for humans and animals alike.
Salary: $43,000 to $46,000 per annum
Contract: Full time, permanent, 40 hours per week
Reports to: Director, US
Work base: Home-based within the US
Right to work requirements: We are only able to consider applicants who are eligible to work and travel in the US
Be part of a small but dynamic organization that makes headlines in January and throughout the year!
Veganuary is a non-profit organization that encourages people worldwide to try a vegan lifestyle for January and beyond. Veganuary’s popular culture appeal and positive approach to veganism is making a measurable difference for animals, sparing millions of lives since our launch in 2014. We proactively support people and businesses alike to achieve this.
After hitting a milestone at the end of 2020 of over one million participants who have pledged to try a vegan diet since our launch, it is indeed an exciting time to join our international team of talented, valued and committed staff who enjoy their ability to collaboratively contribute to this amazing cause.
In this position, you’ll support Veganuary’s fast-growing US campaign by creating dynamic blog and social media content, localizing materials including pledge emails and digital resources, engaging various stakeholders, and strengthening our overall communications with Veganuary’s US audience, all while working closely with a talented international team.
Within your first six months on our team, you’ll be involved in building our 2022 US digital content calendar, and working with the international team to create engaging pledge series email for our US audience.
The Communications Manager will be responsible for the following exciting tasks:
- Copywrite high quality content for blog, web, social, and media
- Adapt and localize content for the US audience, including, but not limited to, toolkits, email marketing content, pledge emails, web content, and press releases
- Manage US influencer engagement, including identifying, researching, and proposing influencer collaborators, outreach, tracking participation and monitoring live feeds
- Oversee the US Veganuary Facebook Group and serve as point of contact for group moderators
- Work closely with the international social media team to increase the amount of US-specific content on our channels, including US corporate news
- Communicate with various stakeholders on behalf of Veganuary, including outreach to companies, collaborators, media outlets, and managing the US general inbox
- Evaluate, track, and report progress on goals regularly
- Other reasonable duties that the position may require
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proficiency in English
- Relevant experience in a similar role with copywriting and project management experience at a strategic level
- Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality written communications
- Outstanding interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently to prioritize and meet deadlines, as well as proactively and collaboratively with a remote team
- Exceptional organizational skills, including attention to detail and the ability to juggle multiple deadlines
- Up to date knowledge on best practices and trends on social platforms including Facebook and Instagram
- Experience with, or comfort in learning, new technology platforms such as Asana, Microsoft 365 (particularly Teams and SharePoint), Canva, Pardot, Later, and WordPress.
- Commitment to the vision and values of the organization (see below)
Our vision is simple; we want a vegan world. A world without animal farms and slaughterhouses. A world where food production does not decimate forests, pollute rivers and oceans, exacerbate climate change, and drive wild animal populations to extinction.
Impact: we are committed to a vegan world; we will utilize research to evaluate how the highest number of lives can be spared and direct resources to that end.
Empowerment: we will optimize our outreach to support and encourage people on their vegan journey in a non-judgmental, positive, constructive and easily accessible way.
Collaboration: by partnering with other mission-driven organizations and working closely with corporates, we will make a bigger difference.
Diversity and inclusion: we know that it takes people with different ideas, strengths, interests and backgrounds to achieve our vision; we appreciate the value of this and how it brings us closer to achieving our mission.
Respect and integrity: in all internal and external relationships, we will strive for genuine, honest, and transparent communication.
Resilience: we will continue to create a professional and sustainable (human, social, economic and environmental) organisation.
Veganuary is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive work culture that reflects and celebrates our diverse world. We therefore welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons, regardless of their ethnicity, sex, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage and civil partnership status, or age. We recognise our duty as an employer to foster an environment that embraces diversity and are constantly reviewing our practices to become even more inclusive as an organization. We also recognise that certain groups in our industry are under-represented – we welcome applications from all who meet the role’s requirements and are making efforts to attract a diverse pool of candidates to combat the lack of representation.
Please use the below Breathe link to submit your application, which must include your CV/ résumé and a cover letter of no more than 1000 words by Friday 30th April at 23:59 that answers the following questions:
How did you find out about this role?
Why do you want to work for Veganuary?
What will you bring to our organization?
When can you start?
What is your salary expectation?
As an inclusive employer, reasonable adjustments can be made to allow any who require additional support to apply for this role. Please get in touch with us if you require such support.