We are looking for a talented Corporate Engagement Manager to join our growing international team and support us in our mission to create a better world for humans and animals alike.
Contract: permanent, will consider part time or full time
Reports to: Director, US
Work base: home-based within US (must have suitable workstation setup e.g. suitable chair and desk)
Right to work requirements: we are only able to consider applicants who are eligible to work in the US
Be part of a small, but dynamic organization that makes headlines in January and throughout the year!
Veganuary is a non-profit organization that encourages people worldwide to try a vegan lifestyle for January and beyond. Veganuary’s popular culture appeal, alongside their positive and accessible approach to veganism, is making a measurable difference for animals, sparing millions of lives since our launch in 2014. We proactively support people and businesses alike to achieve this.
With preparations well underway for Veganuary 2022, it is indeed an exciting time to join our international team of talented, valued and committed staff who enjoy their ability to collaboratively contribute to this amazing cause.
We are looking for a confident, persuasive go-getter who will bring on new US companies to activate for Veganuary and harness the growing plant-based movement. During your first six months, you will be involved in prospecting and recruiting corporate collaborators for our January 2022 campaign.
- Identify, investigate, and propose target entities in the food industry.
- Build and maintain Salesforce database of leads and key contacts
- Build and/or strengthen relationships with food brands such as restaurants, retailers, and manufacturers, identifying opportunities for mutual benefit with the goal of persuading companies to take part in Veganuary 2022
- Provide ongoing support to companies – sharing research, news, and materials as needed – for a successful Veganuary activation
- Create or adapt pitch templates, toolkits, resources, and other necessary materials
- Set meetings with corporates and prepare and deliver compelling presentations to convince companies to participate in Veganuary by launching new vegan products in January or promoting existing ranges
- Keep informed of industry trends and initiatives, mergers and acquisitions, company expansions, business diversification and new vegan product launches
- Coordinate with other areas of the organization to publicize company participation
- Other reasonable duties that may be required
- Proficiency in English
- Demonstrable experience in corporate relations, plant-based marketing, or a closely related area
- The ability and confidence to engage with corporate contacts and build long-term relationships
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate professionally and persuasively
- Ability to produce high-quality written communications
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently and to organize, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- A demonstrable ability to work proactively and collaboratively
- You share and will support Veganuary’s vision and values (see below)
- Existing corporate connections are a plus
- Salesforce experience is a plus
Our vision is simple; we want a vegan world. A world without animal farms and slaughterhouses. A world where food production does not decimate forests, pollute rivers and oceans, exacerbate climate change, and drive wild animal populations to extinction.
Impact: we are committed to a vegan world; we will utilize research to evaluate how the highest number of lives can be spared and direct resources to that end.
Empowerment: we will optimize our outreach to support and encourage people on their vegan journey in a non-judgmental, positive, constructive and easily accessible way.
Collaboration: by partnering with other mission-driven organizations and working closely with corporates, we will make a bigger difference.
Diversity and inclusion: we know that it takes people with different ideas, strengths, interests and backgrounds to achieve our vision; we appreciate the value of this and how it brings us closer to achieving our mission.
Respect and integrity: in all internal and external relationships, we will strive for genuine, honest, and transparent communication.
Resilience: we will continue to create a professional and sustainable (human, social, economic and environmental) organization.
Veganuary is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to creating an inclusive work culture that reflects and celebrates our diverse world. We therefore welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons, regardless of their ethnicity, sex, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage and civil partnership status, or age. We recognize our duty as an employer to foster an environment that embraces diversity and are constantly reviewing our practices to become even more inclusive as an organization. We also recognize that certain groups in our industry are under-represented – we welcome applications from all who meet the role’s requirements and are making efforts to attract a diverse pool of candidates to combat the lack of representation.
All applications for this role will be received via the Idealist website (link provided below). Please submit your CV and a cover letter, of no more than 1,000 words, by Tuesday 28 September 2021. However, we encourage interested candidates to apply as soon as possible, as we may begin interviewing before this date, and reserve the right to close the role without notice. Your cover letter must answer the following questions:
- How did you hear about the role?
- Why do you want to work for Veganuary?
- What will you bring to our charity?
- Do you have any experience with Salesforce?
- When can you start?
- What is your salary expectation?
As an inclusive employer, reasonable adjustments can be made to allow any who require additional support to apply for this role. Please get in touch with us if you require such support.
Thank you for your interest in Veganuary!