We are looking for a talented International Head of Corporate Engagement to join our growing international team and support us in our mission to create a better world for humans and animals alike.
- Salary: $63,000 to $70,000 per annum
- Contract: Full time 37.5 hours per week, Permanent
- Reports to: CEO
- Work base: Home-based within the US
- Right to work requirements: We are only able to consider applicants who are eligible to work in the US
Be part of a small, but dynamic organization that makes headlines in January and throughout the year!
Veganuary is a non-profit organization that encourages people worldwide to try a vegan lifestyle for January and beyond. Veganuary’s popular culture appeal, alongside their positive and accessible approach to veganism, is making a measurable difference for animals, sparing millions of lives since our launch in 2014. We proactively support people and businesses alike to achieve this.
After hitting a milestone at the end of 2020 of over one million participants who have pledged to try a vegan diet since our launch, it is indeed an exciting time to join our international team of talented, valued and committed staff who enjoy their ability to collaboratively contribute to this amazing cause.
As the number of participants to our Veganuary pledge grows exponentially, our partnerships with the corporate world, including chain-restaurants, manufacturers, supermarkets, and food retailers are also increasing rapidly. We are therefore looking for an enthusiastic and knowledgeable International Head of Corporate Engagement, who can continue to drive our corporate partnerships forward in the US as well as provide oversight and direction to our corporate engagement strategy internationally.
- Building relationships with US-based companies (including retailers, restaurant chains, brands, and food manufacturers), influencing and supporting them in their transition to extend and improve their vegan product and menu base as well as providing support and tools to run successful Veganuary branded marketing campaigns
- Working closely with our corporate engagement managers in the US, UK, Germany, and Latin America and potentially other regions in the future, providing guidance, coaching and evaluation tools as well as leading on the development of innovative and impactful corporate engagement approaches on an international level
- Supervising our evaluation and tracking process and providing guidance globally to make sure our objectives are met and our work remains impact-oriented and highly effective
- Coordinating the creation of resources and materials
- Implementing and maintaining a working database to structure and oversee our international corporate engagement work on Salesforce
- Other reasonable duties that may be required
- Proven experience in a similar role at strategic level, with demonstrable management experience (for example in corporate affairs/outreach/engagement, brand marketing, management consulting, or other relevant area)
- A good understanding of the operating environment of the private sector and corporates within it
- The ability, confidence, and authority to engage with corporate executives and build long-term relationships with them
- Excellent public speaking, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Effective at motivating and developing teams and inspiring them to produce amazing work
- Outstanding interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work well in a team-driven environment
- Exceptional organizational skills, including attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Commitment to the vision and values of the organization
Our vision is simple; we want a vegan world. A world without animal farms and slaughterhouses. A world where food production does not decimate forests, pollute rivers and oceans, exacerbate climate change, and drive wild animal populations to extinction.
Impact: we are committed to a vegan world; we will utilize research to evaluate how the highest number of lives can be spared and direct resources to that end.
Empowerment: we will optimize our outreach to support and encourage people on their vegan journey in a non-judgmental, positive, constructive and easily accessible way.
Collaboration: by partnering with other mission-driven organizations and working closely with corporates, we will make a bigger difference.
Diversity and inclusion: we know that it takes people with different ideas, strengths, interests and backgrounds to achieve our vision; we appreciate the value of this and how it brings us closer to achieving our mission.
Respect and integrity: in all internal and external relationships, we will strive for genuine, honest, and transparent communication.
Resilience: we will continue to create a professional and sustainable (human, social, economic and environmental) organization.
Veganuary is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to creating an inclusive work culture that reflects and celebrates our diverse world. We therefore welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons, regardless of their ethnicity, sex, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage and civil partnership status, or age. We recognize our duty as an employer to foster an environment that embraces diversity and are constantly reviewing our practices to become even more inclusive as an organization. We also recognize that certain groups in our industry are under-represented – we welcome applications from all who meet the role’s requirements and are making efforts to attract a diverse pool of candidates to combat the lack of representation.
All applications for this role will be received via the Idealist website (link provided below). You must submit your CV and a cover letter of no more than 1000 words by Wednesday 30th June 2021 latest (although we encourage interested candidates to apply as soon as possible, as we may begin interviewing before this date). Your cover letter must answer the following questions:
- How did you hear about the role?
- Why do you want to work for Veganuary?
- What will you bring to our charity?
- Do you have any experience with Salesforce?
- When can you start?
- What is your salary expectation?
As an inclusive employer, reasonable adjustments can be made to allow any who require additional support to apply for this role. Please get in touch with us if you require such support.
Thank you for your interest in Veganuary!