Halloween is just around the corner, and as with any special occasion, a suitable hummus is always in season!
For those of you who find that you too have a mild (ahem) hummus addiction, get your chickpeas at the ready, because you’re in for a treat (no tricks here!).
Our lovely sponsors, Tideford Organics have a wonderful, easy and extremely tasty recipe that will make this Halloween your best yet.
It’s the perfect side to a lovely autumnal main meal, or perhaps you’ll prefer to enjoy it with nothing but a spoon – and we certainly won’t blame you for that!
- 1 small pumpkin (roughly 500g)
- Olive oil, for roasting
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp tahini paste
- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 1 pot Tideford Organics Vegan Basil Pesto
1. Cut off the top of the pumpkin, about two-thirds of the way up. Remove the pumpkin seeds, then scoop the flesh out of the bottom + the lid.
2. Heat oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Cut the pumpkin flesh into pieces + put in a roasting tin with the garlic + a good glug of oil. Season, then bake for 45 mins until very tender. Leave to cool.
3. Tip the pumpkin into a food processor with any juices from the roasting tin + the garlic. Add the lemon juice, tahini paste + chickpeas. Season with salt + blend to a paste – add a little more oil if it’s too thick. Stir in the pesto + serve!
Tip: Try scooping the hummus back into the pumpkin + serve with vegetable sticks, gluten free breadsticks + tortilla chips.
Need more recipe inspiration? Head over to our array of delicious snacks, meals and nibbles for all the family!