Delicious and tasty, this sweet vegan butternut squash bread is quite versatile. Serve it with breakfast, tea or coffee, soup or even topped up with cheese and chutney. It will stay fresh for a least 3 days.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.
- Prepare flax egg by mixing 1 Tbsp ground flax seeds with 3 Tbsp of water. Set aside.
- In a food processor, mix together all the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, bicarbonate soda, cinnamon and ginger.
- Peel butternut squash. Remove seeds.
- Grate butternut squash with a cheese grater. Mix with dry ingredients.
- Add oil, lemon juice, flax egg and pumpkin seeds. Mix until all is well blended
- Grease a 900g (2lb) bread / loaf pan.
- Tip bread mix into the tin. Level the top. Cook for around 50-55 mins until a skewer inserted into the middle of the bread comes out clean.
- Once cooked leave to cool down for 15 mins then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.