Some vegan cheesecakes can look brown and uninviting. This one is white, looks amazing and holds its shape. No cooking either!
Other things that you’ll need:
- Rolling pin and plastic food bag to crush the digestive biscuits
- Large bowl
- Flan tin with removable bottom
1) Place the digestive biscuits in a strong plastic food bag and crush them with a rolling pin.
2) Mix the digestive biscuits, margarine and syrup together and put into a large flan tin with a removable bottom.
3) Pat the mixture down firmly to make a base.
4) Put the base in the fridge while making the filling.
5) Beat the dairy-free cream cheese until creamy (Beat until it holds soft peaks. These soft peaks should fold over when the whisk is lifted).
6) Add the whipped cream, sugar and lemon rind. Beat well.
7) Fill the tin with the mixture.
8) Decorate with the cherry pie filling.
9) Chill well before serving (minimum 3 hours, but ideally overnight).
Bring the cheesecake to room temperature before serving.