Because everyone loves a good Chilli!
Serves 4 to 6 people
- Like any good dish, start by frying chopped onion and garlic in a large frying pan. Chuck in some salt, pepper and a hefty sprinkling of paprika; at least a tablespoon.
- Add chopped chili pepper – your preference of chili. One whole chili should do the job; go for birds eye if you want a hot one, or one of the larger chili’s, which usually don’t pack quite as much heat. Also, including seeds make it hotter, so ditch them if you are a mega chili weed!
- Add the mince once the onions, garlic and chili are soft
- When the mince has browned add your beans. I can’t imagine a chilli without kidney beans, they are a must.
- Next, add a tin of tomatoes. Also add some tomato puree – how much depends on how rich you want it. Leave it to simmer. The longer you simmer, the tastier it will be. At least half an hour should do the job.
- Serve with rice, nachos, tacos or jacket potato. Delicious accompanied with guacamole and salsa!