We are looking for a Brand Manager / Senior Graphic Designer who can ensure consistency across all of our external content.
Salary: £36,000 – £40,000 per annum (FTE) depending on experience
Contract: Permanent, Part Time
Reports to: International Head of Marketing
Work base: Home-based within UK
Right to work: We are only able to consider applicants who are eligible to work in the UK or Ireland
Be part of a small, but dynamic organisation that makes headlines in January and throughout the year!
Veganuary is an international non-profit organisation that encourages people worldwide to try a vegan lifestyle for January and beyond. Veganuary’s popular culture appeal, along with our positive and non-judgemental approach to veganism, is making a measurable difference for animals and the planet. We proactively support people and businesses alike to transition towards a plant-based world.
More than 2.5 million people have pledged to try a vegan diet since our launch in 2014, and this number is likely just the tip of the iceberg, as several studies have suggested that total participation in Veganuary is significantly larger than the number of individuals who register through our platforms alone. With plans to launch campaigns in 10 additional countries in the next 5 years, this is indeed a very exciting time to join our international team of talented, valued, and committed staff who enjoy their ability to collaboratively contribute to this amazing cause.
The Brand Manager / Senior Graphic Designer will be our primary designer and dedicated brand guardian, helping to ensure all Veganuary’s marketing collateral, channels and communications are on brand, consistent and adhere to our guidelines.
You will be the first port of call for the organisation’s international design needs and will be responsible for a wide range of design projects including producing marketing collateral and other branded artwork for a variety of online and offline channels as well as coordinating the work of several freelance designers in additional countries.
You have fantastic communications skills and are full of creative ideas and you enjoy working collaboratively as part of a team. Highly organised and assertive with strong time management skills – you are able to work to tight deadlines and prioritise workload.
This is a part time role and we can be flexible on the contracted amount of hours you work each week. However your hours would need to be spread across a minimum of 4 days with our ideal being over all 5 weekdays.
Core responsibilities include:
- Thorough understanding of the creative vision of the organisation and our brand.
- Advise on new ways to design/market our materials and present them better visually
- Create, keep up-to-date and lead on enforcement of our brand guidelines both internally and externally across all our international offices and partners
- Use your multimedia design skills across all disciplines to experiment with visual language
- Develop creative concepts and deliver these to internal stakeholders for review
- Support the full international Veganuary team with design needs including setting up templates for modular design to allow efficient adaptation; template training; ensuring our brand aesthetic remains cohesive across all our channels and advising on new and innovative social media assets
- Create and update branded templates for presentations
- Develop all infographics and data visualisations used throughout our external communications internationally
- Organise and maintain an easy-to-navigate photo stock gallery
- Organise and maintain our design resources in Sharepoint to enable easy access by the whole international team
- Managing freelance designers and relationships with external design agencies
- Maintaining good communication with wider team from project start to finish
- Research current and potential graphic design trends
- Demonstrable graphic design experience with a strong portfolio
- Passion for the creative world and full of ideas to inspire the team around you
- Proven experience managing creative projects from concept to delivery
- Strong design aesthetic and heightened attention to detail
- A collaborative mindset and ability to work with varying and changing needs
- A love for home-working within a remote, collaborative team
- Excel in a high-pressure environment and able to action things quickly
- Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Experience of developing and managing budgets
- Excellent organisation, planning and communication skills
- You will share and support Veganuary’s vision and values
Our vision is simple; we want a vegan world. A world without animal farms and slaughterhouses. A world where food production does not decimate forests, pollute rivers and oceans, exacerbate climate change, and drive wild animal populations to extinction.
Impact: we are committed to a vegan world; we will utilise research to evaluate how the highest number of lives can be spared and direct resources to that end.
Empowerment: we will optimise our outreach to support and encourage people on their vegan journey in a non-judgemental, positive, constructive and easily accessible way.
Collaboration: by partnering with other mission-driven organisations and working closely with corporates, we will make a bigger difference.
Diversity and inclusion: we know that it takes people with different ideas, strengths, interests and backgrounds to achieve our vision; we appreciate the value of this and how it brings us closer to achieving our mission.
Respect and integrity: in all internal and external relationships, we will strive for genuine, honest, and transparent communication.
Resilience: we will continue to create a professional and sustainable (human, social, economic and environmental) organisation.
Applications for this role are only being accepted via the Charity Jobs platform. You will be asked to submit your CV and a cover letter of no more than 750 words that answers the following questions:
1. Why do you want to work for Veganuary?
2. What will you bring to our charity?
3. When can you start?
4. Your salary expectations.
As this is a creative role please also share with us your portfolio.
This job advert will close on 13th April 2023 at 23:59. We will review all applications after the advert has closed.
As an inclusive employer, reasonable adjustments can be made to allow any who require additional support to apply for this role. Please get in touch with us if you require such support.
Veganuary is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to creating an inclusive work culture that reflects and celebrates our diverse world. We therefore welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons, regardless of their ethnicity, sex, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage and civil partnership status, or age. We recognise our duty as an employer to foster an environment that embraces diversity and are constantly reviewing our practices to become even more inclusive as an organisation. We also recognise that certain groups in our industry are under-represented – we welcome applications from all who meet the role’s requirements and are making efforts to attract a diverse pool of candidates to combat the lack of representation.