We are looking for a talented Communications Manager to provide parental leave cover and support our growing international team in our mission to create a better world for humans and animals alike.
Salary: Up to £30,000 per annum
Contract: Full time (37.5 hours per week), Fixed-term from 5th July 2021 to 28th January 2022
Reports to: Head of Communications and Marketing and Digital Marketing Manager
Work base: Home-based within the UK
Right to work requirements: We are only able to consider applicants who are eligible to work in the UK
Be part of a small but dynamic organisation that makes headlines in January and throughout the year!
Veganuary is a non-profit organisation that encourages people worldwide to try a vegan lifestyle for January and beyond. Veganuary’s popular culture appeal and positive approach to veganism is making a measurable difference for animals, sparing millions of lives since our launch in 2014. We proactively support people and businesses alike to achieve this.
After hitting a milestone at the end of 2020 of over one million participants who have pledged to try a vegan diet since our launch, it is indeed an exciting time to join our international team of talented, valued and committed staff who enjoy their ability to collaboratively contribute to this amazing cause.
This is a hybrid role, assuming the management responsibilities of the current Digital Marketing Manager (DMM) for three months (Aug-Oct) while she is on maternity leave and then playing a crucial role in content creation and social media monitoring during our peak campaign period (Nov-Jan) when the DMM has returned to work.
We are looking for an enthusiastic social media guru with extensive line management experience who can hit the ground running. We are seeking someone who has painstaking attention to detail, a gifted eye for design and can confidently lead our digital marketing strategy in the run-up to our 2022 campaign as well as create engaging content throughout the campaign.
Whilst the DMM is on leave, the Communications Manager will be responsible for the following exciting tasks:
- Regular monitoring of social media performance across all platforms
- Oversee the delivery of our social media and blog content strategy, including our mini-campaigns
- Oversee the timely delivery of corporate news on socials
- Help to create and schedule content on all social platforms
- Completing the monthly KPI report for all of the social channels
- Copywrite and provide support in the production of marketing materials
- Work with other members of the communications team and wider Veganuary team in the planning process for the 2022 campaign
- Support with other marketing or comms requests from the wider team and as discussed with the Head of Communications and Marketing
- Ensure brand and style guidelines are adhered to across our social media and blog output on all international channels
Once the DMM has returned, the Communications Manager will:
- Work closely with the DMM to ensure the successful delivery of the 2022 campaign across our digital communications
- Create and schedule engaging content (graphics/videos etc.) on a regular basis on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and TikTok
- Use Canva, Lumen and other software to create graphics and videos using our brand templates and guidelines
- Write engaging copy for our website and social media posts
- Stay up to date with current technologies and trends in social media
- Come up with new ideas for exciting and engaging content
- Help monitor, moderate and manage our social media channels
- Communicate with our followers and help with the continued growth of our online community
- Monitor the news and wider social conversation to identify what we should be talking about
- Support with other reasonable duties as required
The ideal candidate will have:
- Strong communications management or project management experience
- Line management experience and the ability to confidently lead a team
- Substantial experience in designing and implementing a social media strategy to increase followers and engagement
- Expert knowledge of all key social media platforms
- Painstaking attention to detail
- Strong design aesthetic
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Design skills and experience in creating high quality and engaging content
- Experienced in creating content in Canva or a similar program
- Knowledge of online content marketing (increasing web traffic, growing social media channels, metrics, scheduling posts etc.)
- Excel in a high-pressure environment and able to action things quickly
- Proficient with Microsoft 365
- Confident with data analytics and KPI reporting
- A love for home-working within a remote, collaborative team
- Commitment to Veganuary’s vision and values (see below)
Our vision is simple; we want a vegan world. A world without animal farms and slaughterhouses. A world where food production does not decimate forests, pollute rivers and oceans, exacerbate climate change, and drive wild animal populations to extinction.
Impact: we are committed to a vegan world; we will utilise research to evaluate how the highest number of lives can be spared and direct resources to that end.
Empowerment: we will optimise our outreach to support and encourage people on their vegan journey in a non-judgemental, positive, constructive and easily accessible way.
Collaboration: by partnering with other mission-driven organisations and working closely with corporates, we will make a bigger difference.
Diversity and inclusion: we know that it takes people with different ideas, strengths, interests and backgrounds to achieve our vision; we appreciate the value of this and how it brings us closer to achieving our mission.
Respect and integrity: in all internal and external relationships, we will strive for genuine, honest, and transparent communication.
Resilience: we will continue to create a professional and sustainable (human, social, economic and environmental) organisation.
Veganuary is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to creating an inclusive work culture that reflects and celebrates our diverse world. We therefore welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons, regardless of their ethnicity, sex, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage and civil partnership status, or age. We recognise our duty as an employer to foster an environment that embraces diversity and are constantly reviewing our practices to become even more inclusive as an organisation. We also recognise that certain groups in our industry are under-represented – we welcome applications from all who meet the role’s requirements and are making efforts to attract a diverse pool of candidates to combat the lack of representation.
Please use the below Breathe link to submit your application, which must include your CV and a cover letter of no more than 1000 words by Monday 10th May at 23:59 GMT that answers the following questions:
How did you find out about this role?
Why do you want to work for Veganuary?
What will you bring to our charity?
When can you start?
What is your salary expectation?
After you have completed some basic information about yourself on the Breathe platform, you will be prompted to upload your application documents (CV and Cover letter). Please ensure that you click ‘upload’ for each document that you attach to save this onto your application. You will need to upload one document at a time. Once you have uploaded all the required documents, click ‘finish application’. If you do not click ‘upload’ once attaching a document, we will unfortunately be unable to see it in your application.
Once you have applied, you will receive an email that allows you to ‘review your application’ for the next 24 hours. Please do review your application to check that you have correctly uploaded your application documents.
As an inclusive employer, reasonable adjustments can be made to allow any who require additional support to apply for this role. Please get in touch with us if you require such support.