Salary: £26,000 – £30,000 FTE, depending on experience
Contract: Full-time, Fixed-term maternity cover – 37.5 hours per week from 1st October 2022 to 28th February 2023; start date negotiable and part-time hours will be considered
Work base: Home-based within the UK
Right to work requirements: We are only able to consider applicants who are eligible to work in the UK
Be part of a small, but dynamic organisation that makes headlines in January and throughout the year!
Veganuary is a non-profit organisation that encourages people worldwide to try a vegan lifestyle for January and beyond. Veganuary’s popular culture appeal, alongside their positive and accessible approach to veganism, is making a measurable difference for animals, sparing millions of lives since our launch in 2014. We proactively support people and businesses alike to achieve this.
With preparations for the 2022 Veganuary campaign well underway, it is indeed an exciting time to join our international team of talented, valued and committed staff who enjoy their ability to collaboratively contribute to this amazing cause.
We are looking for a Corporate Engagement Officer to support on Veganuary’s work with established companies in the food sector in the UK and abroad. You will work closely with our International Corporate Engagement Management in the UK and provide project management support on an international level, working closely with our teams in Germany, the US, India and Latin America. We are looking for someone who is an experienced project manager, extremely organised, and a well-versed, skilled communicator. You will bring experience and knowledge of the UK food sector, especially retail, foodservice and the restaurant sector. You will play a crucial role in Veganuary’s work in encouraging and convincing companies to increase their vegan offerings, as well as encouraging workplaces to join the challenge and increase vegan offerings in their cafeterias.
- Facilitate effective communication between our corporate engagement departments in different countries through the organisation of our international bi-weekly corporate calls, the set-up of our international Asana projects and the adaptation of our materials and resources to different country contexts.
- Facilitate the evaluation and tracking processes on an international level by coordinating the set-up and completion of our “corporate tracker” via Excel, as well as supporting the data management through our database on Salesforce
- With the support of the International Corporate Engagement Manager, identify, support and encourage businesses (mostly, but not exclusively from the food industry) to increase their provision of plant-based products and menu items, as well as promoting veganism and Veganuary
- Liaise with businesses to keep their information about plant-based offerings through our channels up-to-date and facilitate joined news releases
- Support on various projects within our UK based corporate engagement department
- Identify, support and encourage businesses to take part in the Veganuary Workplace Challenge in the UK
- Host corporate meetings or webinars and prepare presentations for stakeholders
- Undertake any further duties that may reasonably be required of the role
- Proven relevant experience in a similar role at officer, coordinator or administrative level (for example in corporate affairs/account management/outreach/engagement, brand marketing, project management, operations)
- A good understanding of the operating environment of the food sector and corporates within it
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work well in a team-driven environment
- Exceptional organisational skills, including attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Experience in using Asana or a similar project management tool is desirable, as well as experience using Salesforce or a similar CRM and WordPress
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- You share and will support Veganuary’s vision and values (see below)
Our vision is simple; we want a vegan world. A world without animal farms and slaughterhouses. A world where food production does not decimate forests, pollute rivers and oceans, exacerbate climate change, and drive wild animal populations to extinction.
Impact: we are committed to a vegan world; we will utilise research to evaluate how the highest number of lives can be spared and direct resources to that end.
Empowerment: we will optimise our outreach to support and encourage people on their vegan journey in a non-judgemental, positive, constructive and easily accessible way.
Collaboration: by partnering with other mission-driven organisations and working closely with corporates, we will make a bigger difference.
Diversity and inclusion: we know that it takes people with different ideas, strengths, interests and backgrounds to achieve our vision; we appreciate the value of this and how it brings us closer to achieving our mission.
Respect and integrity: in all internal and external relationships, we will strive for genuine, honest, and transparent communication.
Resilience: we will continue to create a professional and sustainable (human, social, economic and environmental) organisation.
Veganuary is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to creating an inclusive work culture that reflects and celebrates our diverse world. We therefore welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons, regardless of their ethnicity, sex, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage and civil partnership status, or age. We recognise our duty as an employer to foster an environment that embraces diversity and are constantly reviewing our practices to become even more inclusive as an organisation. We also recognise that certain groups in our industry are under-represented – we welcome applications from all who meet the role’s requirements and are making efforts to attract a diverse pool of candidates to combat the lack of representation. Application Instructions
Applications for this role are only being accepted via the CharityJob platform. You will be required to submit your CV and respond to our screening questions by 31 July 2022 23:59 UK time, answering the following questions:
Why do you want to work for Veganuary?
What will you bring to our organisation?
When can you start?
What is your salary expectation?
Corporate Engagement Officer | Veganuary | | CharityJob.co.uk
As an inclusive employer, reasonable adjustments can be made to allow any who require additional support to apply for this role. Please get in touch with us if you require such support.