We are looking for a talented Corporate Engagement Specialist in India to join our growing international team and support us in our mission to create a better world for humans and animals alike.
Terms of Employment: Part-time, Freelance
Contract Length: July 2021 – March 2022, Possibility to extend to a permanent position afterwards
Salary: Dependent on experience, to be paid in USD or GBP
Work base: Home-based within India
Right to work requirements: We are only able to consider applicants who are eligible to work in India
Be part of a small, but dynamic organisation that makes headlines in January and throughout the year!
Veganuary is a non-profit organisation that encourages people worldwide to try a vegan lifestyle for January and beyond. Veganuary’s popular culture appeal, alongside their positive and accessible approach to veganism, is making a measurable difference for animals, sparing millions of lives since our launch in 2014. We proactively support people and businesses alike to achieve this.
After hitting a milestone at the end of 2020 of over one million participants who have pledged to try a vegan diet since our launch, it is indeed an exciting time to join our international team of talented, valued and committed staff who enjoy their ability to collaboratively contribute to this amazing cause.
We are looking for a Corporate Engagement Specialist to lead on Veganuary’s work with established companies in the food sector in India. In 2020 over 60,000 people in India took our pledge and tried a vegan diet for the month of January. We want to take our campaign to the next level this year by encouraging and supporting retailers, restaurants and workplaces to take part in the campaign by launching new plant-based products, promoting their vegan offerings and increasing their ranges of alternative proteins. You will start and grow relationships with companies from chain-restaurants, manufacturers, supermarkets, brands and food retailers to corporate workplaces who want to increase vegan offerings in their cafeterias.
- Managing and delivering all aspects of Veganuary’s corporate engagement work in India
- Building relationships with India based companies (including retailers, restaurant-chains, brands and food manufacturers), influencing and supporting them in their transition to extend and improve their vegan product and menu base as well as providing support and tools to run successful Veganuary branded marketing campaigns
- Coordinating the creation and adaptation of resources and materials for corporate engagement purposes
- Host meetings or webinars and prepare presentations for stakeholders
- Undertake appropriate domestic or international travel to accomplish the responsibilities of the role (reasonable, pre-agreed expenses will be reimbursed)
- Undertake any further duties that may reasonably be required of the role
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience in a similar role (for example in corporate affairs/outreach/engagement, plant-based food start-ups, brand marketing, management consulting, or other relevant area)
- A good understanding of the operating environment of the private sector and corporates within it
- Good contacts and established relationships in the food industry
- Excellent public speaking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work well in a team-driven environment
- Exceptional organisational skills, including attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- A demonstrable ability to work proactively and collaboratively
- You share and will support Veganuary’s vision and values (see below)
Our vision is simple; we want a vegan world. A world without animal farms and slaughterhouses. A world where food production does not decimate forests, pollute rivers and oceans, exacerbate climate change, and drive wild animal populations to extinction.
Impact: we are committed to a vegan world; we will utilise research to evaluate how the highest number of lives can be spared and direct resources to that end.
Empowerment: we will optimise our outreach to support and encourage people on their vegan journey in a non-judgemental, positive, constructive and easily accessible way.
Collaboration: by partnering with other mission-driven organisations and working closely with corporates, we will make a bigger difference.
Diversity and inclusion: we know that it takes people with different ideas, strengths, interests and backgrounds to achieve our vision; we appreciate the value of this and how it brings us closer to achieving our mission.
Respect and integrity: in all internal and external relationships, we will strive for genuine, honest, and transparent communication.
Resilience: we will continue to create a professional and sustainable (human, social, economic and environmental) organisation.
Veganuary is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to creating an inclusive work culture that reflects and celebrates our diverse world. We therefore welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons, regardless of their ethnicity, sex, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage and civil partnership status, or age. We recognise our duty as an employer to foster an environment that embraces diversity and are constantly reviewing our practices to become even more inclusive as an organisation. We also recognise that certain groups in our industry are under-represented – we welcome applications from all who meet the role’s requirements and are making efforts to attract a diverse pool of candidates to combat the lack of representation.
Please use this link to submit your application including your CV and a cover letter of no more than 1000 words by 6 June 2021 that answers the following questions:
- Why do you want to work for Veganuary?
- What will you bring to our organisation?
- When can you start?
- What is your salary expectation?
After you have completed some basic information about yourself on the Breathe platform, you will be prompted to upload your application documents (CV and Cover letter). Please ensure that you click ‘upload’ for each document that you attach to save this onto your application. You will need to upload one document at a time. Once you have uploaded all the required documents, click ‘finish application’. If you do not click ‘upload’ once attaching a document, we will unfortunately be unable to see it in your application.
Once you have applied, you will receive an email that allows you to ‘review your application’ for the next 24 hours. Please do review your application to check that you have correctly uploaded your application documents. If you are experiencing any issues whist applying to this role, please contact [email protected]
As an inclusive employer, reasonable adjustments can be made to allow any who require additional support to apply for this role. Please get in touch with us if you require such support.
Thank you for your interest in Veganuary!