We are looking for an experienced Fundraising Manager to join our growing international team and help make our 2022 campaign even bigger!
Salary: £30,000 to £38,000 per annum
Contract: full time, permanent, 37.5 hours per week
Reports to: CEO
Work base: home-based within the UK
Be part of a small, but dynamic organisation that makes headlines in January and throughout the year!
Veganuary’s popular culture appeal and positive approach to veganism is making a measurable difference for animals, sparing millions of lives since our launch in 2014. Our participant numbers continue to grow exponentially, as do our partnerships with the corporate world, including restaurants, supermarkets, and food retailers.
The Fundraising Manager will optimise and execute the organisation’s fundraising activities in the UK. You will be responsible for a broad span of duties, from developing email marketing appeals and writing grant proposals to optimising and managing our development database and keeping regular contact with our donors and other stakeholders.
- Lead and support the implementation of several fundraising activities (including direct mail, digital fundraising, grant writing, donor cultivation, corporate sponsorships and database management) to support the mission of the organisation
- Conduct research on fundraising opportunities
- Identify and implement emerging fundraising revenue streams
- Monitor results of revenue initiatives and prepare periodic reports on progress and efficiency
- Develop and track proposals and reports with major donors, foundations and companies
- Liaise with our external data protection officer to ensure compliance
- Minimum of four years’ relevant experience in a similar role with demonstrable experience in the fundraising sector
- Experience in developing, directing and managing multiple projects and implementing strategic fundraising activities, with verifiable success
- Extensive knowledge of and experience working with Salesforce, Microsoft 365 (particularly Excel) and Pardot
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work well in a team-driven environment
- Exceptional organisational skills, including attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Commitment to the vision and values of the organisation
- Other reasonable duties that may be required
Veganuary is an equal opportunities employer; we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage and civil partnership status, or age. We would particularly welcome applications from black, Asian and ethnic minority candidates. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Veganuary’s vision and values:
Our vision is simple; we want a vegan world. A world without animal farms and slaughterhouses. A world where food production does not decimate forests, pollute rivers and oceans, exacerbate climate change, and drive wild animal populations to extinction.
Impact: we are committed to a vegan world; we will utilise research to evaluate how the highest number of lives can be spared and direct resources to that end.
Empowerment: we will optimise our outreach to support and encourage people on their vegan journey in a non-judgemental, positive, constructive and easily accessible way.
Collaboration: by partnering with other mission-driven organisations and working closely with corporates, we will make a bigger difference.
Diversity and inclusion: we know that it takes people with different ideas, strengths, interests and backgrounds to achieve our vision; we appreciate the value of this and how it brings us closer to achieving our mission.
Respect and integrity: in all internal and external relationships, we will strive for genuine, honest, and transparent communication.
Resilience: we will continue to create a professional and sustainable (human, social, economic and environmental) organisation.
Please submit your application via [email protected] including your CV and a cover letter of no more than 750 words that answers the following questions:
- Why do you want to work for Veganuary?
- What will you bring to our charity?
- Do you have any experience working with Salesforce?
- When can you start?
- What is your salary expectation?
We’re keen to fill the position soon so will begin the interview process on a rolling basis.
Thank you for your interest in Veganuary. Given our limited resources, only those selected for interview will be contacted.