We are looking for a talented Fundraising Manager to join our growing international team and support us in our mission to create a better world for humans and animals alike.
Salary: £36,000 to £40,000 per annum dependent on experience
Contract: full time, permanent, 37.5 hours per week
Reports to: COO
Work base: home-based within the UK
Be part of a small, but dynamic organisation that makes headlines in January and throughout the year!
Veganuary’s positive approach to veganism is making a measurable difference for animals and has spared millions of lives since our launch in 2014. Our participant numbers continue to grow exponentially, as do our partnerships with the corporate world, including restaurants, supermarkets, and food retailers.
The Fundraising Manager will optimise and execute the organisation’s fundraising activities in the UK. You will be responsible for a broad span of duties, from developing email marketing appeals and writing grant proposals to optimising and managing our development database (Salesforce), keeping regular contact with our donors and leading on our corporate sponsorship program. Some administrative assistance will be available to support the successful candidate in this role.
- Lead and support the implementation of direct fundraising activities (including direct mail, digital fundraising, grant writing, donor cultivation, corporate sponsorships and database management) in close cooperation with the COO, CEO, our communications team and our international corporate engagement staff
- Manage the charity’s fundraising regulation responsibilities
- Conduct research on fundraising opportunities
- Identify and implement emerging fundraising revenue streams
- Monitor results of revenue initiatives and prepare periodic reports on progress and efficiency
- Develop and track proposals and reports with major donors, foundations and companies
- Liaise with our external data protection officer to ensure compliance
- Oversee and manage our Salesforce database for fundraising purposes
- Other reasonable duties that may be required
- Minimum of four years’ relevant experience in a similar role with demonstrable experience in the fundraising sector
- Experience in developing, directing and managing multiple projects and implementing strategic fundraising activities, with verifiable success
- Extensive knowledge of and experience working with Salesforce, Microsoft 365 (particularly Excel) and Pardot
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work well in a team-driven environment
- Exceptional organisational skills, including attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Commitment to the vision and values of the organisation (detailed below)
Our vision is simple; we want a vegan world. A world without animal farms and slaughterhouses. A world where food production does not decimate forests, pollute rivers and oceans, exacerbate climate change, and drive wild animal populations to extinction.
Impact: we are committed to a vegan world; we will utilise research to evaluate how the highest number of lives can be spared and direct resources to that end.
Empowerment: we will optimise our outreach to support and encourage people on their vegan journey in a non-judgemental, positive, constructive and easily accessible way.
Collaboration: by partnering with other mission-driven organisations and working closely with corporates, we will make a bigger difference.
Diversity and inclusion: we know that it takes people with different ideas, strengths, interests and backgrounds to achieve our vision; we appreciate the value of this and how it brings us closer to achieving our mission.
Respect and integrity: in all internal and external relationships, we will strive for genuine, honest, and transparent communication.
Resilience: we will continue to create a professional and sustainable (human, social, economic and environmental) organisation.
Veganuary is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to creating an inclusive work culture that reflects and celebrates our diverse world. We therefore welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons, regardless of their ethnicity, sex, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage and civil partnership status, or age. We recognise our duty as an employer to foster an environment that embraces diversity and are constantly reviewing our practices to become even more inclusive as an organisation. We also recognise that certain groups in our industry are under-represented – we welcome applications from all who meet the role’s requirements and are making efforts to attract a diverse pool of candidates to combat the lack of representation.
Applications for this role are only being accepted via the Charity Job platform. You will be required to submit your CV and a cover letter of no more than 1,000 words by Sunday 22 January 2023 at 23:30 UK time that answers the following questions:
• Why do you want to work for Veganuary?
• What will you bring to our organisation?
• When can you start?
• What are your salary expectations?
Fundraising Manager | Veganuary | | CharityJob
As an inclusive employer, reasonable adjustments can be made to allow any who require additional support to apply for this role. Please get in touch with us if you require such support.