Salary range FTE: £28,000 to £32,000 dependent upon experience
Hours of work: 22.5 hours per week (0.6 FTE)
Responsible to: Senior Operations and Finance Manager
Work base: Home-based within the UK
Be part of a small, but dynamic organisation that makes headlines in January and throughout the year! Veganuary’s popular culture appeal and positive approach to veganism is making a measurable difference for animals, sparing millions of lives since our launch in 2014. Our participant numbers continue to grow exponentially, as do our partnerships with the corporate world, including restaurants, supermarkets, and food retailers.
Due to the continuing expansion of our charity, we are looking for an efficient and knowledgeable HR Manager with good all-round experience (preferably including international contracts) to help support our fantastic team and develop the HR function.
– Be the first point of contact for all HR enquiries and offer tailored, pragmatic advice (external support available for more complex issues)
– Ensure that HR at Veganuary is compliant and equitable at all times
– Further develop the employee handbook in line with Veganuary’s ethos and formalise the review system
– Guide and inform team members with regard to updates to legislation and best practice
– Develop our learning and development initiative
– Lead on wellbeing for team members
– Advise and support on performance and appraisal
– Review international contracts
– Support and advise on areas including diversity, equality and inclusion
– Support line managers with ad hoc issues
– Coordinate the recruitment cycle
– Improve on- and off-boarding processes
– Conduct an audit of our systems and suggest improvements
– Other reasonable duties that may be required
– Support team members with personal development
– Maintain and develop the HRIS
– Responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day HR function including the HRIS
– Comprehensive knowledge of HR processes and the ability to apply this
– Wide-ranging knowledge of employment legislation
– Experience working in an HR generalist role
– Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
– Approachable and personable with a genuine desire to support our growing, hard-working international team
– Ability to prioritise and action tasks quickly when necessary
– Ability to work from home with a remote team
– You share Veganuary’s vision and values (see below)
– Capacity to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of stakeholder
– Excellent attention to detail and well organised
– Ability to think strategically and build systems that provide the foundation for expansion
– Positive, confident attitude
– Commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion and representation
– Empathy and active listening
Person Specification – Desirable
– Experience of working with BreatheHR
– Knowledge of international freelance contracts
– Experience of working in the third sector
– Knowledge of Microsoft 365
– CIPD qualified
Veganuary is an equal opportunities employer; we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage and civil partnership status, or age. We would particularly welcome applications from black, Asian and ethnic minority candidates. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Veganuary’s vision and values:
Our vision is simple; we want a vegan world. A world without animal farms and slaughterhouses. A world where food production does not decimate forests, pollute rivers and oceans, exacerbate climate change, and drive wild animal populations to extinction.
Impact: we are committed to a vegan world; we will utilise research to evaluate how the highest number of lives can be spared and direct resources to that end.
Empowerment: we will optimise our outreach to support and encourage people on their vegan journey in a non-judgemental, positive, constructive and easily accessible way.
Collaboration: by partnering with other mission-driven organisations and working closely with corporates, we will make a bigger difference.
Diversity and inclusion: we know that it takes people with different ideas, strengths, interests and backgrounds to achieve our vision; we appreciate the value of this and how it brings us closer to achieving our mission.
Respect and integrity: in all internal and external relationships, we will strive for genuine, honest, and transparent communication.
Resilience: we will continue to create a professional and sustainable (human, social, economic and environmental) organisation.
Please submit your application via email to [email protected] including your CV and a cover letter of no more than 750 words that answers the following questions:
Why do you want to work for Veganuary?
What will you bring to our charity?
When can you start?
What is your salary expectation?
We’re keen to fill the position soon so will begin the interview process on a rolling basis.
Thank you for your interest in Veganuary. Given our limited resources, only those selected for interview will be contacted.