We are looking for a dynamic and experienced Internationalisation Manager to support the growth of our international campaigns!
Please note that this is a home-based UK role, so we are only able to consider applicants who are eligible to work in the UK. This is a full time position at 37.5 hours per week, but part time hours would be considered for the right candidate.
Be part of a small, but dynamic organisation that makes headlines in January and throughout the year!
Veganuary is a non-profit organisation that encourages people worldwide to try a vegan lifestyle for January and beyond. Veganuary’s popular culture appeal, alongside their positive and accessible approach to veganism, is making a measurable difference for animals, sparing millions of lives since our launch in 2014. We proactively support people and businesses alike to achieve this.
With preparations for the 2023 Veganuary campaign well underway, it is indeed an exciting time to join our international team of talented, valued and committed staff who enjoy their ability to collaboratively contribute to this amazing cause.
The Internationalisation Manager reports directly to the International Head of Communications and works closely with staff and freelancers involved in internationalising the Veganuary campaign, as well as our external Data Protection Officer, to coordinate our efforts to translate and adapt the Veganuary campaign to different languages and country contexts, monitor the projects’ progress, forecast and flag pinch points and ensure that deadlines are met in a timely manner. The Internationalisation Manager also manages and oversees our work with International Partner Organisations including identifying potential new countries and organisations for future expansion.
- Managing Veganuary’s International Partnership Programme
- Identify prospective partner organisations in liaison with the International Head of Communications and coordinate the signing of MOU agreements
- Serve as the main point of contact for our partner organisations by providing all relevant information to enable them to run their own Veganuary campaign
- Where necessary oversee the translation and adaptation of content to the partners’ language or country specific context
- Coordinate the technical implementation of translated content, such as uploading email content into Pardot
- Ensure that partners adhere to the terms of their partnership agreement, and particularly that they don’t act in a manner which is likely to result in harm to the reputation of Veganuary
- Provide support to the partner as necessary, including sharing best practice examples from Veganuary’s experience and other past or present partners
- Regularly liaise with the Communications and Marketing Department to ensure the partnership programme complements other marketing and brand activity and is compliant with our brand guidelines
- Liaise with the Digital Manager to provide partners with relevant and timely data relating to pledge participant acquisition, retention and outcome
- Supporting Veganuary’s internal team with the translation of pledge-related content, website content, and general campaign resources into different languages and the adaptation to different country and culture contexts
- Ensure that appropriate structures and processes are in place to effectively manage the translation and adaptation of content into different languages including the email series with its linked documents, the Celebrity Cookbook, social media adverts, the Official Veganuary Starter Kit, website content, meal plans and recipes.
- Support our country managers, country directors, communication managers and freelancers in aspects of their work relating to translating and adapting content by providing them with the necessary systems, processes and training as well as organising stakeholder meetings where necessary to align our work in all countries and languages and ensure the same quality standards internationally
- Coordinate and support the process of uploading and updating international emails in Pardot in consultation with the Communications and Marketing Department
- Look after the international inbox
- Create and send emails in Pardot when the Content Strategist is out of office
- Coordinating the set-up and timely implementation of the international pledge series, international partner pages and international register pages in close consultation with the Digital Manager and Content Strategist
- Facilitate effective communication between all departments that are involved in the international pledge series, partner pages and register pages to ensure that a concerted strategy, objectives and deadlines, which include all affected parties, are signed off and completed to schedule taking into consideration competing commitments
- Acting with great diplomacy to ensure that agreed deadlines and objectives are met by all departments, ensuring that compromises can be found by mediating between conflicting interests and parties
- With the support of the external Data Protection Officer, oversee international data compliance for the partner pages
- Conduct international campaign analysis with support from the Digital Manager and the international team and suggest improvements for future campaigns
- Proven project management experience, preferably involving multiple international stakeholders both internal and external
- Exceptional organisational skills, including attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Highly self-motivated and able to work well in a team-driven environment
- Experience in using Asana or a similar project management tool is desirable, as well as experience using Salesforce or a similar CRM, Pardot or similar email marketing software and WordPress
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- You share and will support Veganuary’s vision and values (see below)
Our vision is simple; we want a vegan world. A world without animal farms and slaughterhouses. A world where food production does not decimate forests, pollute rivers and oceans, exacerbate climate change, and drive wild animal populations to extinction.
Impact: we are committed to a vegan world; we will utilise research to evaluate how the highest number of lives can be spared and direct resources to that end.
Empowerment: we will optimise our outreach to support and encourage people on their vegan journey in a non-judgemental, positive, constructive and easily accessible way.
Collaboration: by partnering with other mission-driven organisations and working closely with corporates, we will make a bigger difference.
Diversity and inclusion: we know that it takes people with different ideas, strengths, interests and backgrounds to achieve our vision; we appreciate the value of this and how it brings us closer to achieving our mission.
Respect and integrity: in all internal and external relationships, we will strive for genuine, honest, and transparent communication.
Resilience: we will continue to create a professional and sustainable (human, social, economic and environmental) organisation.
Veganuary is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to creating an inclusive work culture that reflects and celebrates our diverse world. We therefore welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons, regardless of their ethnicity, sex, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage and civil partnership status, or age. We recognise our duty as an employer to foster an environment that embraces diversity and are constantly reviewing our practices to become even more inclusive as an organisation. We also recognise that certain groups in our industry are under-represented – we welcome applications from all who meet the role’s requirements and are making efforts to attract a diverse pool of candidates to combat the lack of representation.
Applications for this role are only being received via the Charity Job platform. Please click ‘apply’ where you will be required to submit your CV and a cover letter of no more than 1,000 words by Thursday 18th August, 2022, by 23:59 UK TIME. Please ensure that your cover letter includes responses to the following questions:
- Why do you want to work for Veganuary?
- What will you bring to our organisation?
- When can you start?
- What is your salary expectation?
As an inclusive employer, reasonable adjustments can be made to allow any who require additional support to apply for this role. Please get in touch with us if you require such support.
Thank you for your interest in Veganuary!