We are looking for a talented Senior Marketing Manager to join our growing international team and support us in our mission to create a better world for humans and animals alike.
Salary: £32,000 to £38,000 FTE per annum
Contract: Full time 37.5 hours per week or Part time, Permanent
Reports to: Head of International Communications and Marketing
Work base: Home-based within the UK
Right to work requirements: We are only able to consider applicants who are eligible to work in the UK
Be part of a small, but dynamic organisation that makes headlines in January and throughout the year!
Veganuary is a non-profit organisation that encourages people worldwide to try a vegan lifestyle for January and beyond. Veganuary’s popular culture appeal, alongside their positive and accessible approach to veganism, is making a measurable difference for animals, sparing millions of lives since our launch in 2014. We proactively support people and businesses alike to achieve this.
After hitting a milestone at the end of 2020 of over one million participants who have pledged to try a vegan diet since our launch, it is indeed an exciting time to join our international team of talented, valued and committed staff who enjoy their ability to collaboratively contribute to this amazing cause.
We are looking for a senior marketing strategist with broad experience in digital marketing, including email and organic/paid social media and a strong interest in digital trends to join our Marketing and Communications team.
Home-based, you will be reporting to our Head of International Communications and Marketing and working closely with our UK-based Digital Marketing Manager, Content Strategist and Digital Manager as well as our Communications and Marketing teams in Germany, the US and Latin America.
During your first six months, you will be involved in identifying new digital advertising opportunities with significant potential to drive sign-ups to our pledge as well as identifying new ways to deliver our pledge content to our participants in addition to emails.
- Analyse and evaluate our digital marketing strategies and performance, coming up with new and innovative strategies and implementation approaches to increase the impact of our campaigning
- Stay informed of the latest developments in the field, exploring best practice across the digital landscape while keeping an eye on competitor marketing activity and suggesting ideas for future campaigns
- Seek out new audiences and devise inventive ways to grow – and make best use of – our email list
- Design and implement creative funnel marketing campaigns in conjunction with the Content Strategist ensuring they follow legal requirements and industry policies whilst embracing innovative practice
- Investigate alternative ways to get our support content to Veganuary participants e.g. WhatsApp, iMessage
- Identify new paid-for online marketing opportunities and cross-platform marketing campaigns
- Other reasonable duties that might be required
- Proven work experience as a Digital Marketing Specialist
- Experience in planning and executing complex digital campaigns across a number of different channels including, but not limited to, Paid and Organic Search, Social Media and Email
- Experience of developing and managing budgets, training, developing, supervising and appraising marketing teams
- Proven ability to think strategically and innovatively with excellent project management skills
- Creative and innovative approach to campaigning
- Hands on experience with WordPress, eCRM such as Pardot and Social Media Advertising Tools and basic HTML knowledge
- Up-to-date knowledge of SEO/SEM
- In-depth understanding of analytical and database tools including Google Analytics
- Excellent written communication and copywriting skills
- An ability to work under tight deadlines
- Heightened attention to detail
- You share and will support Veganuary’s vision and values (see below)
Our vision is simple; we want a vegan world. A world without animal farms and slaughterhouses. A world where food production does not decimate forests, pollute rivers and oceans, exacerbate climate change, and drive wild animal populations to extinction.
Impact: we are committed to a vegan world; we will utilise research to evaluate how the highest number of lives can be spared and direct resources to that end.
Empowerment: we will optimise our outreach to support and encourage people on their vegan journey in a non-judgemental, positive, constructive and easily accessible way.
Collaboration: by partnering with other mission-driven organisations and working closely with corporates, we will make a bigger difference.
Diversity and inclusion: we know that it takes people with different ideas, strengths, interests and backgrounds to achieve our vision; we appreciate the value of this and how it brings us closer to achieving our mission.
Respect and integrity: in all internal and external relationships, we will strive for genuine, honest, and transparent communication.
Resilience: we will continue to create a professional and sustainable (human, social, economic and environmental) organisation.
Veganuary is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to creating an inclusive work culture that reflects and celebrates our diverse world. We therefore welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons, regardless of their ethnicity, sex, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage and civil partnership status, or age. We recognise our duty as an employer to foster an environment that embraces diversity and are constantly reviewing our practices to become even more inclusive as an organisation. We also recognise that certain groups in our industry are under-represented – we welcome applications from all who meet the role’s requirements and are making efforts to attract a diverse pool of candidates to combat the lack of representation.
All applications for this role will be received via Charity Jobs using the below link. You must submit your CV and a cover letter of no more than 1000 words by Wednesday 26th May 2021, 23:59 UK TIME that answers the following questions:
- How did you hear about the role?
- Why do you want to work for Veganuary?
- What will you bring to our charity?
- When can you start?
- Are you interested in part time (please specify availability if so) or full time and what is your salary expectation?
As an inclusive employer, reasonable adjustments can be made to allow any who require additional support to apply for this role. Please get in touch with us if you require such support.
Thank you for your interest in Veganuary!