We are looking for a talented Video and Creative Manager to join our growing international team and support us in our mission to create a better world for humans and animals alike.
Salary: £30,000 FTE per annum
Contract: Part time up to 22.5 hours per week, permanent
Reports to: Head of International Communications and Marketing
Work base: Home-based within the UK
Right to work requirements: We are only able to consider applicants who are eligible to work in the UK
Be part of a small, but dynamic organisation that makes headlines in January and throughout the year!
Veganuary is a non-profit organisation that encourages people worldwide to try a vegan lifestyle for January and beyond. Veganuary’s popular culture appeal, alongside their positive and accessible approach to veganism, is making a measurable difference for animals, sparing millions of lives since our launch in 2014. We proactively support people and businesses alike to achieve this.
After hitting a milestone at the end of 2020 of over one million participants who have pledged to try a vegan diet since our launch, it is indeed an exciting time to join our international team of talented, valued and committed staff who enjoy their ability to collaboratively contribute to this amazing cause.
We are looking for an experienced video editor with a creative mind and impressive storytelling skills. You will be comfortable being both hands-on with technical video production as well as developing creative concepts and managing projects from conception through to finished project. Being comfortable managing short deadlines and working within an international team are also key for this position.
Home-based, you will be reporting to our Head of International Communications and Marketing and working closely with our UK-based Digital Marketing Manager as well as our Communications and Marketing teams in Germany, the US and Latin America.
During your first six months, you will be involved in the conception and creation of our 2022 campaign launch video as well as playing an integral part in the creation of an attention-grabbing ad campaign that will garner international media coverage.
- Create and develop multimedia (audio/video) content for our international social media channels as well as our flagship campaign videos and fundraising videos – all on time and on budget
- Record and edit video and sound projects, including selecting program format for final output, capturing/importing media, organising raw media, editing footage and sound files, creating and inserting static and motion graphics, titling, adding music/voice-over/sfx, media management and archiving project media
- Generate ideas and creative concepts for projects across all forms of media
- Be a brand guardian for Veganuary – you’ll play a big part in making sure that everything that goes out looks, feels and sounds like Veganuary and meets the needs of the brief
- Collaborate with others – you’ll work closely with the Digital Marketing Manager, Head of Comms, graphic designers, photographers and videographers
- Oversee video library to ensure all media is archived appropriately and can be readily obtained
- Other reasonable duties that might be required
- Demonstrable video editing and production experience with a strong portfolio
- Passion for the creative world and full of ideas to inspire the team around you
- Proven experience managing creative projects from concept to delivery
- Strong design aesthetic and heightened attention to detail
- A collaborative mindset and ability to work with varying and changing needs
- A love for home-working within a remote, collaborative team
- Excel in a high-pressure environment and able to action things quickly
- Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Experience of developing and managing budgets
- Excellent organisation, planning and communication skills
- You share and will support Veganuary’s vision and values (see below)
Our vision is simple; we want a vegan world. A world without animal farms and slaughterhouses. A world where food production does not decimate forests, pollute rivers and oceans, exacerbate climate change, and drive wild animal populations to extinction.
Impact: we are committed to a vegan world; we will utilise research to evaluate how the highest number of lives can be spared and direct resources to that end.
Empowerment: we will optimise our outreach to support and encourage people on their vegan journey in a non-judgemental, positive, constructive and easily accessible way.
Collaboration: by partnering with other mission-driven organisations and working closely with corporates, we will make a bigger difference.
Diversity and inclusion: we know that it takes people with different ideas, strengths, interests and backgrounds to achieve our vision; we appreciate the value of this and how it brings us closer to achieving our mission.
Respect and integrity: in all internal and external relationships, we will strive for genuine, honest, and transparent communication.
Resilience: we will continue to create a professional and sustainable (human, social, economic and environmental) organisation.
Veganuary is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to creating an inclusive work culture that reflects and celebrates our diverse world. We therefore welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons, regardless of their ethnicity, sex, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage and civil partnership status, or age. We recognise our duty as an employer to foster an environment that embraces diversity and are constantly reviewing our practices to become even more inclusive as an organisation. We also recognise that certain groups in our industry are under-represented – we welcome applications from all who meet the role’s requirements and are making efforts to attract a diverse pool of candidates to combat the lack of representation.
All applications for this role will be received via Charity Jobs using the below link. You must submit your CV and a cover letter of no more than 1000 words by Wednesday 26th May 2021 at 23:59 UK TIME that answers the following questions:
- How did you find out about the role?
- Why do you want to work for Veganuary?
- What will you bring to our charity?
- When can you start?
- What is your salary expectation?
As an inclusive employer, reasonable adjustments can be made to allow any who require additional support to apply for this role. Please get in touch with us if you require such support.
Thank you for your interest in Veganuary!