Catra Corbett is an American ultramarathon runner.
Tattoed, with multi-colored braids and a couple dozen piercings, she is one of the most determined and colourful characters in ultramarathon running. Her accomplishments include:
- She’s run over 250 ultramarathons.
- She’s run the Western States 100 at least five times.
- She was the second American woman and nineteenth woman overall to finish the 2002 Marathon des Sables, a six-day race through the Sahara Desert.
- She holds the womens’ record for completing the John Muir Trail twice (running both ways), a total of 424 miles.
- She has the second best all time result for a woman running the John Muir Trail one way.
- In 2013 she won the Razorback 100 mile race beating all male competitors as well as winning the women’s race.
She abused alcohol and illegal drugs in the past, but now lives an extremely healthy lifestyle which she shares with others as a fitness instructor.
She has been a vegan for 15 years.
You can learn more about Catra and other vegan runners on Great Vegan Athletes