Check out Jackie’s website, The Hungry Gecko for more tantalising vegan street food recipe ideas!
- Parboil the cubed potato until just starting to soften, about 6-7 minutes. Then blanch the cauliflower florets for a minute or two. Set the vegetables aside.
- Place all the spice paste ingredients in a blender or food processor and blitz until forms a smooth paste.
- Add a little oil to a large pan, and gently fry the curry paste. Add the stock or water, vegan fish sauce or soy sauce (if using) and brown sugar. Bring to boil, add the squash and simmer for 7-8 minutes.
- Then add the cauliflower, potatoes and green beans, simmer for another 2 minutes, then add the coconut milk. Season with salt to taste, and bring back to boil and simmer gently for a few more minutes.
- Serve with freshly steamed jasmine rice. Drizzle with a little chilli oil (if using) and scatter some chopped peanuts on the side.