Yum! I love this pie! The filling is flavoured with baobab superfruit powder, which tastes deliciously tangy; like lemon-mixed with a hint of mango.
- Start by making the topping. Peel the sweet potatoes and dice into 2cm cubes. Steam for 20 mins until soft. Allow to cool.
- Whilst steaming, you can prepare the base. Place the almonds, walnuts (or pecans), ground flaxseed, dates and coconut oil in a food processor or blender and whizz to form a sticky crumbly base.
- Line and lightly grease a 9″ springform cake tin with a little coconut oil spray. Decant the crumbly nut-date mix into the tin and using a spatula, press tightly down to form the pie base.
- Put the cooked sweet potato into a blender or food processor. Add the coconut oil, salt, baobab superfruit powder, protein powder (if using) and coconut flour. Mix together to form a lovely thick creamy topping.
- Pour topping onto cheesecake base. Spread and level using a silicone spatula.
- Allow to chill in the freezer for 30 mins to allow to set.
- Garnish with fresh fruit or nuts and serve.
Hello! I am So from SOBODYUK. I am a gym bunny, healthy food blogger & a geeky scientist! These days my lab is the kitchen! I love creating delicious, healthy, wholefood, clean-eating, nutrition-dense recipes to maximise performance & health. My recipes include paleo, low carb, vegan, vegetarian, gluten free.