These shortcakes taste so good, and contain nutritious chia, flax and coconut milk. It’s hard to just eat one!
- Line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper and a little coconut oil.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C or 170°C fan.
- In a large bowl mix together the dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the wet ingredients plus sweetener of choice.
- Pour the wet ingredients onto the dry and mix to form a dough.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface to about 2.5-3cm thick. Using a 6cm pastry cutter, cut out rounds. Place onto the greased baking sheet.
- Brush each shortbread with coconut milk. Sprinkle with stevia or coconut sugar.
- Bake in the oven for 22-23 mins until golden.
- Meanwhile, make the strawberry chia jam. Simply blend together the strawberries with chia seeds and sweetener.
- To make the coconut cream, carefully open the can of chilled coconut cream. Spoon out the cream (leaving behind the watery fluid). Add vanilla extract and sweetener and whip up to make the finished coconut cream. If using regular dairy-cream, just whip up until soft peaks form.
- Slice up the cooled shortcakes into two or three segments. Spoon on a little cream, layer with sliced strawberries and strawberry chia jam. Repeat to assemble little towers.
Hello! I am So from SOBODYUK. I am a gym bunny, healthy food blogger & a geeky scientist! These days my lab is the kitchen! I love creating delicious, healthy, wholefood, clean-eating, nutrition-dense recipes to maximise performance & health. My recipes include paleo, low carb, vegan, vegetarian, gluten free.