My very favourite Zen Buddhist vegan dish.
- Press and drain the tofu on paper towel until dry, changing the paper towel as required.
- Put the oil in a heavy-based deep frying pan and heat to about 180o/350f.
- Cut each tofu block in half and then half again.
- Dust with the flour, then using a spatula gently slide the tofu into the oil and deep-fry until crisp and golden.
- Arrange in bowls, pour over some miso sauce and garnish with the grated ginger, red radish and spring onion.
Note: Don’t dust the tofu with the flour until you are ready to fry it, otherwise it will become sticky.