Who doesn’t love Easter? It offers the perfect reason to tuck into chocolate - after all, they do say a little bit of what you fancy does you good. These Barocco Choco Chocolate Nests With Sea Salt Caramel Eggs are a one-of-a-kind treat that allows you to join in the festivities 100 per cent guilt-free.
Makes 10 – 12 Chocolate Nests and 36 Mini Eggs.
You will need a mini Easter egg mould to make these.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of boiling water. Stir in the desiccated coconut.
- Place 1 heaped tablespoon of mixture in a greased cupcake tin and mould into a cupcake shape. Put in the freezer for 5 minutes to set.
- Melt the chocolate with 1tsp of coconut oil in a bowl over a pan of boiling water. Using a pastry brush, brush the Easter egg mould with a layer of chocolate then tap down on the work surface to get rid of any air bubbles. Set aside and let cool. You should have just under half the melted chocolate left in the bowl.
- Make the Sea Salt Caramel – Put the dates, vanilla, 2tbsp coconut oil, water and sea salt in a processor and cream until smooth and caramel-like. Place in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Once the chocolate has set in the moulds, spoon the sea salt caramel inside them, making sure not to overfill.
- Re-melt the chocolate in the pan and cover the moulds with a layer of chocolate and smooth with a pallet knife. Leave to set until completely hard.
- Pop out of their moulds by tapping them on a work surface or pushing them out and arrange in the chocolate nests.