There's a whole world of exciting burgers out there! And this one is simply divine.
Makes six burgers
- Start with the onions, saute over a low-medium heat in a teaspoon of oil or a splash of water until soft and lightly coloured.
- Stir in the fennel seeds and vinegar and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, pulse together the burger ingredients until it can clump together, it should still have texture and flecks of kale but be able to be formed into burger shapes. If the mixture seems to wet, add breadcrumbs or ground almonds a tablespoon at a time or if it seems too dry, add water a tablespoon at a time.
- Make 6 burgers out of the mixture and grill with a little cooking spray until coloured, just a couple of minutes on each side. Alternatively use a cast iron pan or regular frying pan.
- Serve in buns, topped with onions and your favourite garnishes.