A delicious and nutritious light meal, or a very lovely accompaniment.
tibits at home: stylish vegetarian cuisine is a sumptuous cookbook, split into four seasonal sections, containing 50 recipes that will delight all loyal tibits fans, as well as those who are new to the brand. 80 per cent of tibits’ menu is vegan and many of the recipes in the book are also vegan – good news for the rapidly increasing number of vegans in the UK.
- Cook the lentils in salted water, for about 18 minutes.
- Wash and peel the carrots and chop into 1 cm dice. Add to the lentils and cook for another 2 minutes, then drain immediately. Rinse under running cold water and drain well.
- Wash the courgettes, chop into 1 cm dice and add to the lentils.
- Finely chop the sundried tomatoes. Mix all remaining dressing ingredients and add the chopped tomatoes.
- Mix the lentils with the dressing and season to taste, with salt and pepper.
Tips: these small, black lentils glisten when they cook, which makes them look like Beluga caviar. Since they do not disintegrate when cooked, they work equally well in appetisers, side dishes or as garnish. Tikka curry paste is a popular ingredient in Northern Indian cuisine and mainly used for sauces and marinades. Add some olive oil if desired.