Yup, you read it right. Potato and carrot cheese. And it is insanely good! So easy to make and great on pizza too.
Melty, cheesy cheese. Make it, put it on some toast, grill!
Watch us make it here.
There are lots of recipes for potato cheese out there, but this is the one I have adapted from various different ones*.
- Peel one large potato and one large carrot
- Chop into small chunks (carrot smaller than the potato as it is harder)
- Boil until soft
- Put 3 tablespoons of the potato water into a food processor
- Drain potatoes and carrots and pour into the processor
- Add: 1/3 cup of oil (I use olive), 1/2 cup of nutritional yeast, juice of half a lemon, teaspoon of garlic powder/granules, dash of celery salt/onion powder, cracked pepper
You can eat this cheese straight away with tortilla chips, use as your cheese topping on pizza, or do as I do and go for the all-time comfort food – Cheese on Toast!
- Grill your bread on one side, remove and spread liberally with the potato cheese, place back under grill.
- When cooked to your liking, remove and eat!
*According to everything I’ve read, this cheese can last up to 7 days in the fridge. Mine has never hung around that long, so I would say use within a couple of days to be on the safe side.