Yup, you read it right. Potato and carrot cheese. And it is insanely good! So easy to make and great on pizza too.
There are lots of recipes for potato cheese out there, but this is the one I have adapted from various different ones.
- Peel one large potato and one large carrot
- Chop into small chunks (carrot smaller than the potato as it is harder)
- Boil until soft
- Put 3 tablespoons of the potato water into a food processor
- Drain potatoes and carrots and pour into the processor
- Add: 1/3 cup of oil (I use olive), 1/2 cup of nutritional yeast, juice of half a lemon, teaspoon of garlic powder/granules, dash of celery salt/onion powder, cracked pepper
You can eat this cheese straight away with tortilla chips, use as your cheese topping on pizza, or go for the all-time best comfort food – Cheese on Toast!
- Grill your bread on one side, remove and spread liberally with the potato cheese, place back under grill.