These vegan, gluten free brownies are the result of many, many trials in low-fat baking without flour. They are incredibly tasty, quick to make and full of goodness, so you can help yourself to as many as you desire. The brownies are baked in a muffin tin, giving you perfectly-sized morsels straight from the oven, each lovely and crispy on the outside and a gooey on the inside.
- Heat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4.
- Put the coconut oil into a ramekin and put this in the oven for 5 minutes, to melt.
- Drain and thoroughly rinse the beans and put them into a mixing bowl. Add the dates. Combine the flax seeds with the water in a small bowl then add this as well.
- Use an electronic hand blender or processor to combine the ingredients you have in the mixing bowl.
- Dab a little of the cooled coconut oil into each muffin ‘hole’ to prevent the brownie mix from sticking (I do this by hand to avoid wasting any, but you could use a pastry brush). Add the remaining oil to the mixing bowl.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients, except the salt.
- Use a teaspoon and spatula to put an equal amount of the brownie mixture into each hole of the muffin tray and sprinkle a little salt on each.
- Cook for 20 minutes. Once cooled, store in the fridge.